A fresh start

by FormerlySandL 56 Replies latest jw experiences

• FormerlySandL
    FormerlySandL

Hi

After the worst introduction I could ever make on the forum I would like to reintroduce myself and make a fresh start on the forum and hopefully over time I will be able to redeem myself.

i have changed my user name which was over dramatic and ridiculous in the cold light of day but for transparency and to show I am not trying to hide anything I have adapted the original name and it now has a more positive feel.

After reading a lot of posts on this forum I am feeling more optimistic about my future.

i received a number of PM's on the other account. I have replied to a large number of them but still have quite a lot to reply to as some exchanges took longer than i thought. Please be assured I will reply and personally thank everybody who took the time to write.

I am not expected to be welcomed back with open arms and realise that it is going to take s long time, if ever, not to be viewed suspiciously, but hopefully some will see that although my introduction was at best clumsy, I am not a bad person and am genuine in my quest to leave the JW's and fade away.

So please can I start again?

• freddo
    freddo
    Yes... if you get the forum members you PM'd with to confirm that they have had PM correspondence with you.
  • Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

We all screw up sometimes, you held your hands up, said sorry and I think you should be given the benefit of the doubt. I hope you take the advice about fading and taking time to build a new life, find a new job, new home, new friends and support network. Don't throw away your old shoes before you get a new pair. But dont linger too long either because it's not easy being in limbo and your aim is to leave and live a happy and successful life. Good luck!

• FormerlySandL
    FormerlySandL
    Anybody who has corresponded me is free to say that they have exchanged PM's. I only ask they don't reveal anything of a personal nature.
  • FormerlySandL
    FormerlySandL

Hi Tornintwo

thank you. :)

i have done lots of research and received great advice. I feel much better prepared for my fade and hopefully be able to back track my previous statements to the elders to prevent me being DF'ed or disassociating myself.

I am starting to plan a different route than I first thought I'd have to take before yesterday thanks to this forum.

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

Now, it iwould be very nice to hear what woke you up? What are your doubts, frustrations, what don't you agree with anymore? What is it that has the elders so exasperated with you.

• cofty
    cofty

You made a mistake when you were under considerable distress. Don't worry about it.

A few wannabe vigilantes rounded up a posse to insult you and verbally abuse you. Shame on them.

Start planning for your future. Don't put it off but don't rush. If you are clever and careful your life could be 100% better in a year's time.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack
    Stop grovelling. This is an internet forum. You can pretty much say anything you want to.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Welcome.

Please share more of your story.

You mentioned you were an elder and pioneer?

Are you married, or have a family?

What part of the world are you in?

Without giving away anything too personal of course...

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Nicely done S&L .

Will look forward to reading your comments about your experiences.

Keep your chin up and be positive, there is light at the end of the tunnel .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit