Whimsy

by patio34 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• patio34
    patio34

Hello,
    I didn't know where to post this--it's just a funny experience I had today.

I planted two new rose bushes and went out to put the hose on them this morning before work. A medium-sized bird swooped down and hit me lightly in the back. Later at noon I went out to change the hose and the bird swooped at me twice--I didn't think I'd make it out of the yard! I'll have to be patient until her babies get older!

I get plain yogurt and flavor it. I added chocolate flavoring for milk one day and it was deeelicious. Tastes like chocolate icing or cream.

Have a great day!

Patio

• Prisca
    Prisca

In Australia during November, we have similar problems with black-&-white birds called magpies (pronounced mag-pies). Some suggest wearing a hat with the sunglasses on the back of your head. This gives the impression that you are watching them, even though you are actually facing the other way. Then they won't swoop on you.

Maybe worth a try?

• patio34
    patio34

Thanks Prisca. That would be easy enough to do and may foil the bird!

Patio

• mommy
    mommy

Oh Patio,
    That is awful, I would be afraid of going in my garden. I did see the movie Birds, awful scary.
    Prisca,
    I am laughing out loud at the thought of that, but I guess, like a scarecrow it could work.
    wendy

• Kristen
    Kristen

mmmmmmm... the chocolate yogurt sounds pretty good!

• patio34
    patio34

Prisca,

Your tip works--I just keep my face towards them (there are 2!) and they eyeball me. But I get out pretty quickly!

After all, the latest idea is that they evolved from dinasours, so they can be pretty aggressive.

Kristen, the yogurt is better than the flavored kinds you buy.

Thanks for the sympathy Wendy!
    Patio

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit