this may be a useful dream

by enoughisenough 3 Replies latest jw experiences

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I had a dream this morning: I had moved and saw an old JW friend at as dreams go, I think a library. We were chatting it up as old friends would. "Look who is here," says the person to their spouse who has just shown up through a door. Says the spouse," Keith? told me you were disfellowshipped." Who is this person I wondered as I didn't even recognize the name; but I said, "Why would he tell you that?" No answer as they start to walk away. Me, to their backs, " I wasn't disfellowshipped." Waking up, this was what I consider a useful part of this dream: I can honestly say I was not disfellowshipped. I can choose to tell or not to tell that I sent a letter of disassociation. I think it is a calculation of the JW just to annouce that so and so is no Longer a JW. People just make up stories in their mind wondering who caught you stealing, smoking, fornicating, etc. If someone had disassociated, that should be stated at the announcement. ( not going to happen because then the r/f may become curous about what now ex jw knew that they don't. )

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

It's kind of academic, really. Yes, you are not disfellowshipped, but disassociation has exactly the same weight and effect in WT eyes*. If they respond to your bluff and don't further find out about the disassociation, then I guess it is a strategy of some sort?

*This is my understanding as an outsider

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

P.S. It must be weighing heavily on your subconscious if you're still having dreams like this.

From what I've seen on here, it takes many years to get the WT out of a person's system, if ever.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

NotFormer, I think if there is anything subconscious about it, it is because this month I am moving back to my old home place and may actually encounter some old aquaintances that I haven't seen in 20 years. I really won't be surprized if some have found out I left, but as you mentioned in the minds of those with head in the sand, disassociation equates the df.--( then there is the dream where I see a certain hypocrite at an assembly and they get in front of me to speak to me, I say to them, "having a form of godly devotion and from these turn away..." and I turn on my heel and leave.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit