Subliminal self-promotion

by Maverick 1 Replies latest jw friends

• Maverick
    Maverick

I thought I would try a little experiment. I saved all my Bound Volumes of the WT and was curious as to how mant time the writing department of the Governing Body made reference to the 'Organization' in one form or another.

I picked a BV at random and read four WatchTower articles, (that was all I could stomach), and underlined each mention of the Brotherhood is its various forms. Such as; the present day ark, Christian meetings, the faithful and discreet slave,(my personal favorite), Jehovah's Witnesses, Jehovah's organization, Jehovah's people, Jehovah's servants, Jehovah's Christian ministers, Kingdom interests and Kingdom proclaimers. You get the idea. Each reference had to be contextual in its application to the organization as a whole and not with regard to the Israelites or first Century. Though the Governing Body make assertions of Apostolic ascension and divine blessings from that time on as well.

It averaged out to seven plus reference per article. It is hardly scientific but for S and G's let's just go with that figure. That's seven times fifty two,(even at the Assemblies and DC they cover the WT), equals 364 times a year there is an insertion of this subliminal concept of GOD'S ORGANIZATION!!!!!

And that is one meeting. Do you think maybe the writing department only uses these catch phrases in the WatchTower articles? Scary thought isn't it? Maverick

• Maverick
    Maverick

Hey! how come this post is not showing up one the friends forum???? Are you there Simon???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit