Watch out where you tread

by LevelThePlayingField 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    I remember like it was yesterday. My Dad pounding his fist on the kitchen table and gritting his teeth as he tells me to Get out! He kicked me out of his house. I had just moved out as a young 21 year old. As the door swung shut hard with a slam, I remember the smug feeling inside. I was "witnessing to him" and he didn't like it. I was trying to slam the "truth" down his throat. I smirked, literally as I walked out of the garage toward the street where my car was. I thought that this was persecution. Surely I had nailed it on the head now. I am being persecuted I thought. But now, 30 years later, awake to TTATT, I realize that I just been breaking up my family. And I was the cause of it all.
    It's too late now. Way too late. My Dad's dead now. I can't reconcile that.
    So what's my message behind this post? If I could only tell everyone who is truly in deep with this religion, to watch out what you do. You may end up terminating the very family you love, all for persecution's sake. All for a bunch of, now out-of-date Watchtowers.

Don't do it I cry out to all who may be aware of the danger. But hey, who am I? I am just a poster on this sub. And pretty much everyone on here already knows the truth about the truth. So, why am I even saying this? I guess because it's cathardic maybe.

At any rate, just maybe some of you know the pain too. My best to you.
  • Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

There are many lurkers who stumble on here and then continue to read without posting. They will see your post and that is the measure of its value. Never withhold your experience from view. It just might help someone sipping the poison to realize why it tastes so almondy good. Its poison!

• Confusedalot
    Confusedalot

My Dad was one of Jehovah's Witnesses most of his life and in hindsight it must have torn him apart. He was a reasonable, logical person and I think he could not keep it up in the end. He crashed and burned badly and his life fell apart. He ended up moving to another country and lived with another woman there, and would not talk to us at all, maybe because of shame etc.

My point is that even after falling so hard from JW the influence of this religion is so extreme that it can be summed up in his last words to me before his death: "Son, never forget Jehovah!"

I hope he rests in peace...

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

LTPF - your words will touch many people's hearts and perhaps help them reconsider how to deal with the burning disappointment/anger/frustration and even hatred of the G.B and its corporate masters, which many feel after learning TTATT.

It's only natural to want to shout it from the rooftops and to share everything we've learned with all of our dear friends and relatives in "the truth," but the org's indoctrination and fear tactics work very effectively at closing eyes, hearts, minds, and ears.

From personal experience, I can only recommend a softly-softly strategy which requires asking questions - rather than bludgeoning people with blunt truths. After several years, I'm still using this method on zealous J.W.'s I know. They're now awakened to so much, but only they can decide how to respond to the TTATT.

• smiddy
    smiddy

LTPF ,I wouldnt be too hard on myself if i were you.Sadly your father probably over reacted as well and kicking you out was a bit extreme on his part. However I dont judge him for his actions not knowing his background or culture.

No doubt it was a real shock to him your becoming a JW. { and being a pain in the ass trying to witness to him LOL }

I`m sorry to hear that you were never able to reconcile your differences with your dad before he died.

I`m sure their are others here who can benefit from your experience .

Take care.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

LevelThePlayingField, thank you for your post. Variances of that situation, I'm sure most-to-all of us have experienced. This is very helpful.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Kicking your kid out the house because of their religion is just as wrong as kicking them out because they want to leave. He was supposed to be the mature one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit