What death teaches!

by iconoclastic 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Heaven
    Heaven

iconoclastic said: JWs are like the “foolish virgins” and Brahma Kumaris are the “wise virgins.” (Mathew 25:1-13) This is my impartial estimation after being familiar with both the organizations.

Ding ding ding ding ding! We have the answer.

So Bonsai, that is a 'Yes' to your question on whether or not iconoclastic is a BK. But you already knew that because icono refused to answer the question. Which also says something about this poster.

• iconoclastic
    iconoclastic
    Dear punkofnice

You ask: “Do you give the BKs money and if so, why?

When I visited their headquarters, I stayed there for 10 days. When I asked them how much I had to pay for 10-days accommodation and food they provided to me, they said Rs. 3000 (approximately $46). They have never asked money from me for any other purposes, and I have not given either.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Icon - Ok, thanks for that. RS 3000 sounds like a motorbike. I hope you had a pleasant stay. Just beware you're not getting sucked into another cult. This is Uncle Paul showing loving concern.
  • iconoclastic
    iconoclastic
    Dear Heaven

There is nothing to feel shy about expressing what you feel. Didn’t Jesus declare: “it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the Kingdom of God”? (meaning they will never enter Kingdom of God). He knew that this would not amuse the listeners, still he did say.

• Bonsai
    Bonsai
    It's not surprising in the least that other religious organizations of similar ilk to the JW's would come on to an exJW site to subtly recruit. Sharks smell blood and know there are wounded ones on here. I'm sure you mean well Icono, but i wouldn't touch that religious group - even with a twelve foot pole.
  • iconoclastic
    iconoclastic
    Dear punkofnice
    I appreciate your concern.
    If I could jump out of JWs before being disfellowshipped by them—that means I am sensitive to organizations that are after money.
  • iconoclastic
    iconoclastic
    Dear Bonsai
    BK style is not coming to Forum like this. They invite each sections of the community into their Head Quarters, and give them a week’s seminar. For example, seminar for attorneys, cardiologists, teachers, mariners (the one I attended), defense personnel, artists, business men …… to help them excel in their respective fields.
    In these seven days when they stay there, they walk around and see for themselves the visual aids available in the complex. Some will ask for more information, and they are given the knowledge. There is no preaching work, no house-to-house ministry, no conventions ….
    When some TV Channel personnel attended their seminar, they offered free service in their TV networks. When Governors attended, some of them gifted them acres of land in the heart of their capital cities for BKs to start meditation centers.
    Unlike JWs, they are friends of all rulers, they take part in voting. (JWs have really to learn from them) In the railway station near to BK Head Quarters, you will find Government providing them an office within the Government building which serves like Reception to the visitors to BK headquarters--something the Government wound normally not do. That is the sort of support they get from the Governments.
  • Bonsai
    Bonsai
    So far I've heard all positive things from you. Surely there are some negative, dubious aspects to BK - otherwise there would be 8 billion members! There are two sides to every coin. How about revealing the other side as well?
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

"Boy, oh, boy, death sure has taught him a thing or two..."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit