Venus and Serena can HEAR YOUR PRAYERS!!!!!!

by LDH 8 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

I 'bout pissed my pants on Thursday night.....

I caught a snippet of the NAACP Image Awards on BET (wished I had watched the whole thing). Anyhow, I guess Venus and Serena got some kind of award but I don't know what the title was.

Serena's remark to the audience and their fans? "We thank you all for your prayers! We hear them and appreciate them! Prayer works!" To which Venus warmly agreed, "Yes, thanks for all the prayers!"

(Don't quote me exactly).

I just wonder, how it be Jehoober hears their prayers but not the prayers of little children getting sodomized by Chester the Molester.

It must be that Jehoober's Channel of Choice these days is Multi-Million Dollar JW-Wannabe Celebs.

Poor ol' Jesus, sitting there calling the little children to him.

I guess Jesus and the WT God don't have much in common.

Lisa

Why don't you shove that Prayer where the Sun don't shine? Class

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

Pardon me if I'm mistaken, but weren't we always told that the prayers of anyone who's not a baptized JW or "interested ones" were not heard by Jehoober?

So they're thanking people for prayers that they're taught from infancy aren't heard by their "God"? Hilarious.

RCat

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

I suppose they must mean the prayers about them becoming winners and the other tennis players becoming losers.

• ISP
    ISP

They obviously still live in a make believe world.......because I bet no one prays to them or for them! Still if it makes them feel better....

ISP

• SYN
    SYN

Maybe Venus and Serena can do a slightly better job than Jehovah at hearing prayers, then. I, for one, welcome this change.

Onward Christian tennis player soldiers!

• freedom96
    freedom96

Why would anyone pray for them?

• outnfree
    outnfree

Venus and Serena must have been speaking about the prayers of the Governing Body, rising like incense as a sweet-smelling odor to Jehovah, as the GB gleefully sees the bottom line rising from the donations the champion "sisters" send the Society's way.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Hey guys!!!! I am someone.... I pray for them!!!! To find the real DOOR( not the Kingdom Hell one though)

I think they must be doing a bit of independent thinking-- otherwise how come they told the world it was their birthday- & ran around the track with the American flag--- you know that is a no-no

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

It has always irritated me when people always think God is answering their prayers for such things that God wouldn't concern himself with. Someone thanking God for answering their prayers of getting $10 million is bullshit! Do they really think God gave them the money? Doesn't the bible say that God is not partial? If that's the case he would be showing one person favor instead of someone else and that's just not so. God has nothing to do with crap like that.

I work for the phone company and I get so many people praising Jesus when their phone is turned back on or begging God to lower their phone bill. God does not give two shits about your damn telephone!

If it's a prayer that is materialistic and not spiritual I firmly believe God ignores those. It's too bad the idiots don't see it because it's incredibly stupid for some pop star to thank God for their success when God had nothing to do with it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit