On the realization you will not "live forever"

by problemaddict 2 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Alive!
    Alive!

Many of this planet's human population throughout our known history have believed they will live .... Forever.

Maybe, if we keep questioning - we can't help but wonder if there is a reason for that.

Why, I ask myself, did my own inner 'heart' hurt for something extraordinary, wonderful, eternal?

Why, I ask myself, did my 'heart' lurch, leap and 'want' to respond to a higher good and purpose?

Why have other humans long before me/ you/ us have been motivated to give up their earthly life for 'principals' (when really, as mere animals one would think they'd have surely stuck to the basics of self nourishing/ procreating etc.

Many questions.

Let's not kill the questions.

• Vidiot
  • talesin
    talesin

DOC ------ LOL! Obviously, you didn't do it like a cat ........ S-L-O-W-L-Y ..... feeling out each muscle ... testing before you stretch, and the final ........ ahhhhhhhhhhhh, front paws OUT, and tail EXTENDED, back stretch!

Sorry you're not feeling the bestest, my friend! xoxo :)

• Zoos
    Zoos

When I realized I would eventually die, it really ruined my day.

But then I remembered I couldn't find the expiration date on my marriage license and the thought of my impending demise brought back a familiar refrain...

"Free at last! Free at last! Thank GOD ALMIGHTY, I'm free at last!"

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Syme: A person really starts to live, as a grown-up, from the moment they realize there's no second life. An ordinary person realizes that at his adolescence, give or take. Most devout jws never realize that, which means that they essentially remain children until very, very late.

I can agree with that completely!

• TheListener
    TheListener

My wife and I are in the situation now where our parents are older and not super healthy. I realize they will one day pass away and I will miss them but I do what I can now to see and speak with them regularly; even my in-laws. My wife shows no fear that they will die because the big A is coming and they will all live through it. She is completely unprepared for the death of her parents. When it happens, and it eventually will, I don't know if it will drag her deeper into the cult or maybe wake her up. The same goes for when she finally comes face to face with her own mortality as we age and get closer to a natural ending.

I really try to enjoy my life now and show my appreciation for those around me.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Syme - "A person really starts to live, as a grown-up, from the moment they realize there's no second life. An ordinary person realizes that at his adolescence, give or take. Most devout jws never realize that, which means that they essentially remain children until very, very late."

Hey, they don't call the WTS "Mother" for nothin'...

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Hey, they don't call the WTS "Mother" for nothin'...

Referring to WTS as "Mother" . . . . .

Could it be in this case that "Mother...." is just 1/2 of the word?

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit