Which is worse?

by TemeculaMole 8 Replies latest jw friends

• TemeculaMole
    TemeculaMole

If you were to ask a loyal JW :

Which is worse to be disfellowshipped for repeated fornication (and no remorse) or to be disfellowshipped for having an opposing view from the GB such as not beleiving in the blood issue?

This is pure speculation but I would think that the JW would say the later because your basically an apostate for not beleiving all that the borg says. This strikes me funny because at least the person that differs from the GB view is not out blatantly commiting sin (such as the fornicator) but simply has a differing biblical interpretation. This persons interpetation may be wrong (according to the GB) but at least the person is applying what they beleive to be scripturally true. Where as the other person is simply out violating gods principles.

• AlanF
    AlanF

Disagreeing with the GB is by far the worse, because you violate the most sacred, and really the only unchangeable JW doctrine -- The Fundamental Doctrine of Jehovah's Witnesses: You must view the Governing Body as speaking for God and therefore must never disagree with it.

AlanF

• ISP
    ISP

The WTS usually reserves the best denunciations for those who leave because of 'apostasy'!

ISP

• berylblue
    berylblue
    Where as the other person is simply out violating gods principles.

For my own part, I can guarantee you that smoking was not the real reason I was disfellowshipped. Not at all. I could have stopped smoking. I did try. I had stopped smoking years before to get baptized, so I knew it was possible. I am still trying to sort out the reasons, 8 years later. I must have had reservations subconsciously, about being a Witness. But I never allowed my nebulous doubts to morph into anything concrete. Too scary. Question the WTS? ( Well, beyond my sarcastic, semi- scathing denunciations done when I was in one of my alter-pesonalities or moods or manic or whatever my current doctor wants to call it?)

I couldn't do it. It was unthinkable. So I smoked my way out.

An (ostensibly) unrepentant fornicator may subconsciously be looking for a way out, then getting scared, going back to the KH, then getting scared of being back in, getting disfellowshipped again, etc. etc. Sorry, I am so ineloquent tonight. I can't even spell. What's wrong with me? AAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

I think you know what I mean. I used to say that I was disfellowshipped not for smoking, but for not loving Jehovah enough. Now, to be sure, I don't love Jehovah enough. But I am beginning to think the real reason was that I had my doubts.....

Beryl

• Maverick
    Maverick

The 'sin' of fornication is against the True God. God can take care of Himself. The 'sin' of disagreeing with the GoverningBodyGod of Jehovah's Witnesses is far worst! They will tolerate no rivalry. Commit the first and they will work with you and if you persist, DF you. But the door is open if you want to suffer the dog and pony show they will put you through. After all you are only human. Speak out against their divine position and they will always watch you and never forgive you. You know, (they are a fraud) and when they know that you know, can you unknow ever again? Know what I mean? The game is up. They may be delusional but they're not stupid! Maverick

• Brummie
    Brummie

Fornication is forgivable, speaking against the GB is not.

I remember seeing JWs who had committed adultry or fornication who stuck their noses up at me because I resigned under the accusations of apostasy (disagreeing with the GB). This is the mentality the GB breeds. Self rightousness at its best.

An ironical thing was that I accidently caught a JW smoking one day and they looked at me in disgust as if somehow I was the hypocrite!...lol

Brummie

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Which is worse to be disfellowshipped for repeated fornication (and no remorse) or to be disfellowshipped for having an opposing view from the GB such as not beleiving in the blood issue?

No brainer. Every JW knows speaking out against the GB is unforgiveable and not just by the Witnesses but by Jehovah and Jesus. If you are an apostate, you have entered the realm of the unforgivable sin from which there is no return. Jehovah does not brook any questions or disagreement. Obey or die.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

The Fundamental Doctrine of Jehovah's Witnesses
    Between them, AlanF and Big Tex may have put their fingers on the main control method of the WTBTS, total control over your thoughts and ideas. This doctrine is subject to change and the witnesses are expected to abide by these changes, rather they agree with them or not. To disagree, as Big Tex pointed out is unforgivable. Despot dictators use the same method, total control. Bug

• ISP
    ISP

The WTs even created the concept of DA'ing being treated as DF, to boot Ray Franz out of WTs.

ISP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit