Hope is on the horizon.

by Thisismein1972 4 Replies latest social current

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

Finally the world can cheer. The news coming out of Aleppo is that it has been fully liberated. CNN and the mainstream media are not reporting on this correctly because they do not have any journalists on the ground. However, RT have freelance Journalists on the ground. One being Vanessa Beeley who I have the up most respect for.

https://www.rt.com/news/370510-aleppo-women-children-evacuated/

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I think this is a lesser-of-the-two evils moment.

Assad, backed by Vlad the Impaler and Iran, is clearly the lesser of the two evils, IMO.

The worse of the two evils are the 'moderate' head choppers of Jaish al-Islam and Al-Nusra, backed by Saudi Arabia, Qatar and the US, and currently mourned over by soppy Western liberals.

The only issue I have with the OP is that Assad's henchmen won't distinguish between the loony jihadis and ordinary citizens. Any male will likely be butchered; females will likely be raped.

• LoveUniHateExams
  • Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972
    LoveUniHateExams I see you like 21st Century Wire too. I'm really looking forward to the live podcast tomorrow (Sunday)

So far, my heroes for 2016 are Vanessa Beeley, and Eva Bartlet. Both have risked their lives on the ground in Syria to get the real story out. Unlike mainstream media, who have had ZERO journalists on the ground.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@Thisismein1972 - to be honest I only found out about it earlier today when I was reading comments below an article by David Milliband in The Independent.

One poster said what on earth does David know, writing about Aleppo from his cushy New York office, etc. and gave a link for 21stcenturywire.com.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit