Upcoming Newsweek article on the JWs?

by Whynot 7 Replies latest social current

• Whynot
    Whynot

I haven't confirmed whether it's true. Someone shared this on social media https://www.instagram.com/p/BjFIdvsjVLo/

The cover won't be released in the USA instead Bernie will be on the cover.

Not sure what information it will have about the witnesses but I hope they talk about the sex abuse scandal. Most JWs I know are excited to purchasing it.

Has anyone heard about this? Is this real?

• Whynot
    Whynot

Nevermind. It was removed

• sir82
    sir82

The wackadoodles over on JWTalk are all aflutter over this.

Consensus seems to be....wait for it....it is a sign that "Armageddon is really close now"!

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Lol, JWTalk is the place to go for reasoned, well thought out replies to any number of important subjects. It's where I go to get the facts on any relevant topic really.

Those people are nuts. I can't believe I was a member there at one point in a last ditch effort to find somewhere I belonged. I spent most of my time questioning what they were saying and getting in trouble for speaking up, lol.

Armageddon is just around the corner. Sure, make enough right turns and eventually you're just going around in almost a circle with no end, but that way if it ever happens then you can say you were right.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    dubstepped - "...I spent most of my time questioning what they were saying and getting in trouble for speaking up..."

You actually thought "questioning" and "speaking up" would get you the answers you were looking for?

Silly rabbit.

• Whynot
    Whynot

Found it!

http://www.newsweek.com/jehovahs-witnesses-939860

I'm a bit disappointed. I was hoping it would talk more about the sex abuse scandal but they barely mentioned it

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Ugh, it actually kind of makes them sound like sympathetic figures. I guess they are in comparison with the Russian government. Not an article that I'd share on social media or anything. The stupid comments underneath make my head want to explode.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    sir82 - "Consensus seems to be....wait for it....it is a sign that 'Armageddon is really close now'!"

I honestly wonder just how many JWs are hoping for the Big A to finally hurry up and drop just because they've been waiting so fucking long.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit