Woking North (UK) congregation amalgamated

by truthseeker 9 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Has anyone heard about the Woking North congregation in the UK? It amalgamated with another hall on 3 August 2018.

Truthseeker

• steve2
    steve2

Just for clarification: Is that the same as a merger of two congregations so they become one congregation?

• Darth FayDehr
    Darth FayDehr

The Borg official term is "dissolution" of one congregation, and sometimes a renaming of the other. There are official forms. The official Borg term they use for the schedule of mergers for an entire branch territory is: "master plan" - it's literally bringing them 100's of £millions in property sales!

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

steve, I think you are right. I believe this congregation has merged with Woking South.

I am presently going through all the meeting locations for each congregation to see if they're still active or have sold their halls.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Truthseeker

I used to belong to the Horndean congregation in Portsmouth Hampshire and we shared the hall with the Waterlooville congregation.

Horndean then built it's own large KH on an industrial estate in Horndean and Waterloovile's got a refurb. I heard recently Waterloovilel KH is now a children's nursery but I have no idea if they moved or were merged into Horndean.

I would love to know what happened there. :)

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Amelia,

Waterlooville is still a congregation and recently filed its 2017 account return.

Waterlooville
    • Tuesday, 7:15 p.m.
    • Sunday, 10:00 a.m.
    Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses
    111 London Road
    Horndean
    WATERLOOVILLE
    PO8 0BP   

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Wow!

That is the address of the quick build KH we built because we outgrew the Waterlooville KH and it was a long way to travel.

Horndean congregation got their own new hall and Waterlooville which was quite old got a complete refurb after we split.

Looks they sold Waterlooville and now share Horndean. Waterlooville was in a very middle class residential street and near the town centre and shops so an expensive area whereas the new hall is on a grotty industrial site not near anything.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Gosh, the first time I got married was in the Waterlooville KH Back in '68. I think it was located in Jubilee Road back then.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

That's right. After the meetings I would take the girls to Jubilee Park swings or go to the market at the football ground.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Darth FeyDehr - "...The official Borg term they use for the schedule of mergers for an entire branch territory is 'master plan'..."

Funny...

...in the comic books, only the bad guys use terms like "Master Plan".

Darth FeyDehr - "...it's literally bringing them 100's of £millions in property sales..."

Gotta pay for those pedo cases somehow...

...right out of the RCC playbook, actually.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit