COverseer 'freindly' Extremism

by be wise 2 Replies latest jw friends

• be wise
    be wise

I still live with my parents and they are both jw's. When the CO does his visit, the house has an uncomfortable quiteness about it for a week or so, nobody talks as much, my mother acts more stranger than usual and trys to put on a fake personality. Is this just my experience or does it happen to anyone else ?

• Maverick
    Maverick

Dear be wise: I sat in on 32 Elders and Servants meeting with the CO. That whole week was always the phoney holy week at the Hall! People who hardly spoke to each other would hug and coo and act all loving to impress the CO! It may me want to hurl! The Elders meetings were no different, (except for the prayer and scriptures), than the payroll and production planning meetings I sat in on when I was the Art Director of this publishing company in So. Calif. Some Servants would suck up to the CO, some were terrified and sat mute, some had a personal agenda that they wanted to promote and end-run the local Elders, which always pissed them off! Very little of any real spiritual information was ever discussed. It was all Organizational. Remember the CO is a corporate inspector who's job is to make sure corporate policy is followed to the letter and that headquarters get there 'cut' ! So to answer your question, "It is not you, what you are seeing is what we all were seeing". Maverick

• be wise
    be wise

... and yet they give off this impression to everyone else it's just a friendly visit, they visit peoples houses, make crap jokes, smile a lot when all along they are just doing checks for the organisation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit