Bethel Layoff Notices arrive under Bethellite doors

by Quarterback 48 Replies latest jw friends

• gda
    gda
    forclosures??
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

Is this why the org was encouraging every one to have a to go bag ready?

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

https://youtu.be/mOTWzTCSbV4?t=5m44s

"I think about where I would be -- because there's no guarantee. The world, it doesn't guarantee you anything. You can hurt a leg. You can, you know, break a back, and where would you be?"
    "Anything you have out there in the world, it's transient. It's fraught with difficulties. You know, it looks so great, and all you see is how good it is. You don't see the price tag."
    "They want to use you. They want to get all they can out of you. You're like a disposable cup. They use you, and they throw you away."

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2
    haha Wifi !!!!!!!!
  • NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I am sure the message was - "have a great life, continue your service to the organization, Jehovah will provide. And, don't let the door hit you on the way out."

Bastards!

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Luke 3:9 comes to mind: " The ax is now ready to cut the roots of the trees. Any tree that doesn't produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into a fire". Those pesky, expensive, ageing Bethelites are like fruitless trees to the GB. That's why they're getting the axe - as Jesus himself foretold.

(It's really not hard to come up with a GB-like explanation)

Eden

• Village Idiot
  • Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    That's interesting. In every case I've seen when someone is being sent home like that it would have been done in person with one of the overseers of your work assignment.
  • Quarterback
    Quarterback
    Unless the Overseer of your work assignment got the same letter
  • baldeagle
    baldeagle

The last time a layoff occurred at the Canada branch in Georgetown was around 2007/08?? I knew two couples that were told they were being let go. The couples were informed that they were no longer required. They were given two choices. We (the branch) say you are gone or you can choose to leave voluntarily. Both couples chose to leave voluntarily in order to save face.

One couple was in their mid-40’s. The second couple the brother had been there 26 years since his early 20’s and was an extremely loyal, submissive loving member of the family. He had gotten married while in Bethel with his wife joining him there. He never knew married life outside of the institution and was definitely a lifer. He was often described as being a “Poster Child” for Bethel recruitment. He and his wife were always exemplary in their conduct protecting the Bethel image. They were 50 years old when they were laid off.

I could have picked a dozen others that deserved the boot and were less likely known as the so-called squeaky clean Bethelites. If this information is true maybe they won’t dodge the bullet this time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit