Escaping Cult Life.

by Lost in the fog 4 Replies latest social current

• Lost in the fog
  • Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

Thank you Lost in the Fog, that article was an interesting read. I visited NZ for an International Convention and I loved both Islands, so much to offer and lovely people. I hope to return some day.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Journalist Anke Richter had an unexpected brush with Hollywood at a cult conference in the UK - and also found that learning early on about manipulation and coercion should be as important as sex education.

with school children I presume .?

I would agree 100% with that comment

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I know I took the cult education of my then. Six year old seriously when her father began his interest again in the JW as he was raised and once threatened to “tell her how all she has learned in her catholic school are lies”. I then began a thoughtful education of my daughter about high control organizations and why they are dangerous and how to recognize them. As a 12 year old she was the one who recognized the JW as a cult without my needing to mention the organization by name. I did my job 👍

• smiddy3
    smiddy3
    nonjwspouse

I find it amusing how ignorant JW`s are and I was one of them ,where the name /word Jehovah came from .?

It was a Spanish Catholic monk who translated the 4 Hebrew letters of the Tetragrammaton of God`s name into what we know today as English as JHVH and he added some vowels and came up with JEHOVAH and this was way back in the 13th Century.

His name was Raymundus Martinus .

Another interesting fact that seems to escape JW`s .: The first edition of "Insight In The Scriptures" admitted that the name/word Jehovah may not be the most accurate pronunciation of God`s name ,however it was the most commonly used and people were more familiar with it. ?

And that`s why they used it ,not because it was the most accurate translation of his name ,but because it was the most popular name in use of the time. ?

By who ? / The world of course.

Shouldn`t they have gone with the more accurate name of God and not just the most popular name ? If they are going to be witnesses of him ?

The knox Bible a Catholic version uses Yahweh throughout the Old Testament in every text the Tetragrammaton is used in the Old Testament.

Haven`t they always said that the world was hiding God`s name from the public ? and that JW`s were now making it known ?

They also admitted that YaHWeH was probably the more accurate pronunciation.

The name/word Jehovah has been around for centuries on Churches around the world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit