Broadcasting move part 2

by Gorbatchov 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

I think this is not an unimportant observation.

With the move of the Broadcasting channel to the Library part of jw.org the Broadcasting are away from the general public.

So the obscure GB video's about strange mathers are not out to the open anymore with a simple click to tv.jw.org

Only the rank and file will find them easily.

I think this was the objective of the change.

G.

• alanv
    alanv

Anyone who is interested in the monthly broadcasting can find it very easily on the jwdotorg site. Maybe its just a money saving exercise.

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

I don't think the GB or the Helpers think there is anything odd or to be hidden in the Videos.

I think they are proud of them, so I dont think it was about hiding them to the public.

Ironically - they should since they all scream CULT!!

• stillin
    stillin

The broadcasts may have begun to have a segment for the 'in crowd." They did that when they came out with the Study Edition of the Watchtower. The rank and file had superior, inside knowledge that was not readily available to the public unless they came to meetings.

But we know a lot of things that they don't know that are of even greater importance than the silly little things in their broadcasts or Watchtowers.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Cost saving plus hidden a bit. Nit that the thing is easy to navigate for anyone

The publishers should see the pages of letters not posted or overhear elders when they discuss what they really think of the ranks

• sir82
    sir82

I don't understand this:

So the obscure GB video's about strange mathers are not out to the open anymore with a

simple click to tv.jw.org

Why is it "simple" to click tv.jw.borg but not simple to click jw.borg?

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Sir82: because with one click you had all the video’s on screen at tv.jw.org and in the new situation you have to navigatie to Library, and not at one screen.

G.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Maybe they're streamlining it 'cause even in its prior "simplified" state, the rank-and-file still weren't net-savvy enough to successfully navigate it. :smirk:

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    iwantoutnow - "...they are proud of them..."

Oh, yeah.

Definitely proud of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAYZamWgzBE

• keinlezard
    keinlezard

Hi,

Another possibility is simply web rank.

Now with this change , the Rank of the jw.org website is the old "rank" of jw.org alone with the

rank of "tv.jw.org" website ...

https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/ac8r18/interest_in_jworg_declining_worldwide/

Best regards

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit