Special Pioneer Sister-in-Law and Husband just got their letter.

by cappytan 41 Replies latest jw friends

• cappytan
    cappytan

Well, my sister-in-law and her husband, special pioneers for only a couple of years, just got their letter.

Her comment was along the lines of, "They're having to do this because they forgave all those Kingdom Hall loans a few years ago and the brothers aren't donating anymore."

When my wife told me, I laughed so hard I farted. ;)

• Oubliette
    Oubliette
    It is amazing the mental gymnastics a fully indoctrinated person will go through to maintain their delusion in an effort to avoid facing reality and see things as they really are.
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

I laughed so hard I farted.

ha ha ha ha --and heres one from me !

• rebel8
    rebel8

How much of a financial drain on the borg are they?

They get free housing from the local kh and probably a lot of free meals from the sistas. And I suppose they are on public assistance as well.

So the borg pays them a stipend or something?

Am I off base?

• sir82
    sir82

So the borg pays them a stipend or something?

Yes, plus (far more expensive) fully covers their medical care.

In the US that is huge, probably even more costly than the $600/month cash they get from the WTS.

SPs are not on public assistance.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette
    Hopefully this will help your SIL wake up. It seems that she sees at a least a glimmer of reality.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

Cappy..that is funny!

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

My cousin and her husband were just "pink slipped" out of bethell. They were there 6 years and are in there mid 50's. They worked in securing permits for kh construction and remodels. They were "tickled pink" to get out of there. I never heard them talk about the lack of funds but they did complain about living through all the politics within the borg and were sick of all the endless meetings and bs. I won't be surprised to hear of them leaving the borg and just pursuing a normal life now that they are 'free'. Fortunately for them, they didn't 'sell everything' when they volunteered for bethell. They still have a home and a few vehicles.

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• millie210
    millie210

Cappy, does she know about that big huge building they just bought near Walkill?

I wonder what she would think then?

Your post was so funny...thanks for the laugh!!!

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Interesting, now the "special" ones will have further reason to resent those in the real world. Not only are they not as holy as them, now they aren;t supporting their holiness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit