J.W.'s shut their minds to this teaching

by The Searcher 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

One of the "elephants in the room" which J.W.'s will not and cannot question or discuss, is the org's dogma that a person's own death wipes out their sins!.

When active, I asked two C.O.'s about Romans 6:7, and both of them made it clear they did not wish to discuss it with me. Wonder why?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsZRbsYvwPg

• Island Man
    Island Man

Romans 6:7 does have a literal component to it - every metaphor does or they would have no power as a metaphor. So when it says he that has died has been acquitted of sin - that is literally true, but not in the way that Watchtower translates and applies the verse. The context shows that the writer is drawing the metaphor from the idea that when a person dies he is acquitted from sin, not in the sense that he is absolved of past wrongs, but in the sense that he is set free from being controlled by a sinful body, for the sinful body is now dead and inactive. It's talking about being acquitted from the principle or force of sin that resides in imperfect men and that compels them to sin. That's the point Romans 6:6 is making. A more equivalent rendering of Romans 6:7 could be: "He that has died has been freed from the ruling power of sin".

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

From their website:

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2016009

WHAT ELSE WE LEARN FROM THE BIBLE

• snowbird
    snowbird

Ha Ha Ha.

Another one bites the dust ...

Our death results from sin, not pays it off.

Sylvia

• carla
    carla

Years ago I asked my jw about this very thing! he was flummoxed by the question. I asked, "if you believe that YOUR death absolves you of sin then why do you need Jesus at all? why did He need to die upon the cross?" (nevermind the cross/stake issue here for the moment) His answer was full of umm's and mumbling and then he came up with, "Jesus is our King!" as if that answered the question. Then naturally he attempted to change the subject to, "it wasn't a cross blah, blah, blah....." and never got around to actually answering the original question. sigh.

• Miss Worldly
    Miss Worldly

Carla Ahh, the old question avoidance, answer deflection!! Are they taught that in bible study?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

This is a teaching Fred Franz probably came up with. That guy really hated Jesus for some reason.

• carla
    carla

Yes, I think they are taught that in the bs class! Perhaps an ex jw can enlighten us on this. Oh, never mind, as a regular poster likes to say, let's review, it's a cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit