PE1905: Public Inquiry into the response of religious organisations to allegations of child sexual abuse since 1950

by silentlamb_silent_no_more 5 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• silentlamb_silent_no_more
    silentlamb_silent_no_more

Hi guys

I live in Scotland. I need help from the xjw community. I understand that anyone in the UK and in Australia as it happens, can sign this petition.

I am Angela. I was born in 1980 and my parents converted to "da troof" shortly after my birth. So I guess you can say I was a born in. In the years 1991 - 1995 I was molested by my father. I took this to the elders and of course we all know the story from each and every survivor who has told it, they did nothing. They didn't call the police, they didn't phone child protection in fact they sent me and my sister home with our abusive father even though he confessed. We were both minors.

Further to this, one of the elders on that judicial committee, seen this story as an opportunity. He had already struck in the 1970's which would become apparent to us later on when we watched him being given his sentence. He continues to this day to say he is not guilty and that we all made it up, colluded together to ruin his life. I never knew of the other victims, bar one - my sister.

IICSA (The Independent Inquiry on Child S Abuse for England and Wales) has recently published it's findings. I won't go into the politics of this all, but basically, we could not budge in Scotland until England had concluded there inquiry.

My petition is now live and I have 4 weeks to gather signatures. Could you all please try to sign this and if it is a case where only those can sign it from the UK and the former colonies, could you please share it out? We need as many signatures as we can get for the Scottish Government to consider it.

Thanks.

https://petitions.parliament.scot/petitions/PE1905

• zachias
    zachias

Just signed best wishes.

I hope any inquiry studies the footage of the CARC and the actions of the Jehovah witness elders and, how cases were dealt with by elders in their turn.

@Zachias

Thank you for your support. I will be sure to ensure that the parliament know about the Four Corners programme as that will give them more of an insight into this organisation. I think that programme is really good because it shows the doctrine, the insularity, how many victims and preds and how many were reported to the police - which we all know was none.

In regards to Watchtower, if they really were God's one true organisation on earth, they would have fessed up, admitted their mistakes, said sorry and would fully co-operate with governmental organisations (which are placed here on earth BY GOD) says so in the bible. But they don't. They lie, obfuscate cases like these which tells me, God is not in this organisation at all. In fact, the complete opposite is in this organisation sadly and too many people are blinded to the real truth because it is a narcissistic abusive organisation in itself and keeps on manipulating people to not hear the real truth about the insidious things going on in there.

I've been out since 1999 and it's taken us this long to get where we are at. Stressful at times, but I am not giving in until every child is protected. All I ask of watchtower is to cooperate with the governing authorities and change their policies. When they hear of an allegation of abuse, call the police - it's really that simple. Stop shunning people - it is not a loving arrangement, for the shunned or the shunners. Stop sacrificing children on surgery tables.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Given your age, it may be too late, but have you talked with a barrister about taking action personally against your abusers and the elders? That's often better than a big government investigation that basically ends up nowhere.

@Anony Mous

I have already taken my abusers and Watchtower down legally. This is to get a law in place for mandatory reporting. Like I said, I won't go into the politics of it all between Scotland and England but basically, we could not go for our own Inquiry in Scotland until IICSA had concluded theirs. They have now concluded their inquiry which can be found at the link below.

I will not stop until Elders are required by law to report to the authorities and furthermore be held accountable if they do not.

Child protection in religious organisations and settings Investigation Report

https://www.iicsa.org.uk/reports-recommendations/publications/investigation

We (my sister and I) have both appeared in the media amongst other brave survivors - in BBC Panorama Suffer the little Children where I was anonymous.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/panorama/2114320.stm
    Further to that and still not content with Watchtower's policies on this matter, I contacted the UK's papers "The Mirror and The Daily Record"
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/real-life-stories/girl-who-abused-dad-five-10367995
    I have to date, amongst other survivors, taken both abusers to court. The first got 5 years in jail and the second got 7 years. Both did half of that time on "good behaviour"
    I have already had the law involved where Watchtower are concerned and legally cannot divulge the outcome.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit