Sickening opportunists!

by username 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• username
    username

OK so I just had to go over to the darkside (jwtalk) and see what is the latest buzz. I wish I hadn't now because i'm blazing mad at the JW's reply to the current refugee crisis.

Am I the only one who thinks this is really sick?

OP:

I'm not sure if recall it correctly but was Syria one of the countries where there are no witnesses? If so, with this present tribulation for them is it possible that this is an opportunity for these fleeing to come to know Jehovah by crossing into countries that do have witnesses? What's your thoughts?

The last sentence of this reply had me nearly hitting the roof. I think the last thing on these poor people fleeing their war torn country is whether satan has them on a leash!

Thing is, it's much harder to preach to these people than you think.

For one, they have an awkward group dynamic. If you want to preach to an Eritrean or Arab, you will have to get him by himself. They seem to feel some sort of obligation to protect each other from our preaching campaign, unless you speak to them on their own, then they're not so defensive.

For another thing, Churches and church-linked charity groups are trying to make public preaching in refugee homes as hard on us as they can. Some will allow us in if we explicitly state that so-and-so has invited us in, but there were cases where the interested people have been put under pressure not to speak with us or else be moved to more uncomfortable locations.

Satan still latches on firmly to these people. Any way he can prevent the fulfillment of Matthew 24:14 he will do it.

Sorry Simon but I have to say this. Fucking thoughtless animals!

• sir82
    sir82
    That website contains the nuttiest of the nutters. Why would you expect anything else?
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Typical, JWs see the poor and disadvantaged as fair game and become annoyed if they don't readily lap up their bs, and ask "what prevents me from getting baptized?" Those ungrateful refugees!

Not to mention those pesky actual charitable groups trying to make the camps a recruitment free zone - the nerve!

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    For one, they have an awkward group dynamic. If you want to preach to an Eritrean or Arab, you will have to get him by himself. They seem to feel some sort of obligation to protect each other from our preaching campaign, unless you speak to them on their own, then they're not so defensive.

He could almost be talking about someone trying to help a JW to wake up.

As for the comment about satan blocking this, that doesn't really bother me too much...but I guess I'm a little numb to it since my wife hasn't been too shy about stating that she believes satan has mislead me.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Witnesses are devoid systematically of real empathy, or they are taught at least to suppress it in favor of promoting the recruitment for the publishing company as empathy. Yes. Its sick.

• blondie
    blondie

Berean Literal Bible
    Therefore the one thinking to stand, let him take heed, lest he fall. (1 Cor 10:12)

New Living Translation
    The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed this prayer: 'I thank you, God, that I am not a sinner like everyone else. For I don't cheat, I don't sin, and I don't commit adultery. I'm certainly not like that tax collector! (Luke 18:11)

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I'm not sure if I recall it correctly but was Syria one of the countries where there are no witnesses?

North Korea, Afghanistan, & Yemen - if my memory is right.

Witnesses always latch on to any occurrences of an earthquake, war, famine, - or any natural disaster anywhere in the world, to tell their "neighbours" that it's proof of the end being so near.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The Searcher - "Witnesses always latch on to any occurrences of an earthquake, war, famine, - or any natural disaster anywhere in the world, to tell their 'neighbours' that it's proof of the end being so near."

Tactful.

• sir82
    sir82

North Korea, Afghanistan, & Yemen - if my memory is right.

I've heard none in Somalia, either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit