Disfellowshipped

by Descender 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Descender
    Descender

Just wondering, how many of you were a glutton for punishment and kept on going back and getting re-instated after succesive disfellowshippings? I was disfellwshipped twice, the first time I was re-instated six months after and then six months later I was df'd again, then I came back in 4 years later and then a year later I faded away. That's where I stand at the moment. Personally, I only know of 2 others that were df'd twice, only one of them came back in twice though

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Hi Descender.

I left in 1984. I assume I was DF'd.

I haven't been back, nor have I stepped into a Kingdom Hall since, and honestly, I don't want to.

I have known only 2 other JWs personally (we're going back a ways) who were disfellowshipped 2 and 3 times. The woman who went back (3x df'd) was an emotional wreck last time I saw her. The brother, (2x df'd) always tried so hard to do the right thing @ the Kingdom Hall. But he was often not spoken to, and I could tell it really got him down. Small town congregation (everyone knows everyone elses business).

There are some folks here who have done similar to you Descender, so you're not alone. I sure hope that you'll stay out of the WTBTS. Life here.....so much more relaxed, stressless and easier. If one wishes to have a personal relationship with god, I think that they can do it in their own personal way, and find far more fulfillment as a result.

Best wishes Descender, that was a good post. You'll get loads of replies.

• Dawn
    Dawn

I was DF'd the first time in '86 - I thought I had no choice but to go back so was reinstated 6 months later. 4 years later I was DF'd again - only that time I WANTED OUT. I never went back.

• SloBoy
    SloBoy

I know a brother who was df'd twice. After the second, he had an epiphany. He realized that the Witnesses would be more than willing to continue this cycle into infinity, and that if he was ever going to get real help for his problems, he better make a clean break from that org. Today he is not perfect, but his life is truly on a spiritual path, sans JW's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit