The WT knew in 1922 that 1914 was wrong !

by Phizzy 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    On a side note, if they knew 1914 was wrong in 1922, they should have done some consideration to it back then. Maybe clarifying something in the 1920's, instead of painting it over.
  • Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

Please read the whole article. You just quoted a "remark" that opponent could raise..

The interesting thing is that Rutherfor here argues for 1914 for the end of the gentile times, not for the return of Christ!

Compare this to the old teachings about 1799 and 1874.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    That's really interesting Phizzy. Can I ask how you found this reference? Were you canning old Watchtower's or was it referenced somewhere else? I ask because I'm always interested to find out how people find things out so it can help me to find things out too. :-)
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

Hi Slim, I actually saw this posted by a guy on Facebook, but not being sure if he wanted his name on here, I re-posted the ref here.

If I can ever be of help, I have a large file on my Comp. that I call Dub Stuff and I may have what you want some time. Mind you, most of it came from here, JWN or its earlier incarnation JWD.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

So in other words the WTS held onto the last days and 1914 because is was too critically important to the organization's marketable proliferation of its publications.

Rutherford was also trying to relinquish the teaching of Pyramidology that Russell had preached/taught for so many years .

Jesus returned to earth invisibly because the WTS got started, but was that correct or accurate teaching of the Gospel according to Jesus's own instructions ?

How long will the WTS. drag along 1914 before it finally drops it out of sight is anyone's guess.

• antes8080
    antes8080
    Great information thanks for sharing it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit