Victoria Derbyshire TV show on shunning - video link

by Isambard Crater 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Isambard Crater
  • UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Watched it last night. Very effective. Hopefully more witnesses will wake up and realise this cruel policy has to stop. My heart goes out to those who were interviewed and to all those affected by this man made policy.

• daveysmithy30
    daveysmithy30

Thank you so much Isambard Crater for providing the video link! Much appreciated! I was looking for this video yesterday on youtube without much success until I saw your post today so thank you again. So important that people know what shunning is like and how it breaks up families as the experiences were being related in the video. Very cruel policy indeed and as UnshackleTheChains rightly said hope many active witnesses will wake up and realize that this is unnecessary and unloving. Excellent presentation by Victoria Derbyshire and the former witnesses who were interviewed.

• Simon
    Simon

Great intro and presentation - really powerful and accurate summation of the issue

• freddo
    freddo

I read the BBC news website as a news item (I guess to promote the show) and thought it rather poorly researched and somewhat inaccurate.

However, having watched the programme I think it is excellent, showing sensible honest decent folk; not bitter rabid apostates. (though certainly very sad at the deluded actions of their jw family and friends at the behest of Tomo and co.)

Very good indeed. The emails read by Victoria Derbyshire afterwards largely gave support to what was being said.

I believe it will ensure less people get caught up in the stupidity and delusion of jw-ism.

BRAVO!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Brilliant programme! Thanks for the link.

• steve2
    steve2

Yes I agree with others.

When I read the BBC blurb I had some misgivings because it included some seemingly inaccurate information such as someone being disfellowshipped for not attending the memorial.

However, the interviews were well presented with a straightforward overview of difficulties faced by those who want to leave but are subjected to family shunning.

A sober warning to others - but kind of sad for those raisednin the religion who subsequently want to leave at the cost of family ties.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit