Call 911-Fire-Fire -don't do it!

by spectromize 9 Replies latest jw friends

• spectromize
    spectromize

For all of you who are thinking about DA or DF, my advice is don't do it. You are falling into a trap that the WT has set for any who disagree with them. Wouldn't it be much more productive if everyone who left, held on to their status even if they didn't go to the hall and exposed some of the bull****t ?

In this way when ever you meet someone on the street from the hall and they ask you:" How come you haven't been at the meetings?"

This would give you an opportunity to help someone else to break free from thought control.

This is exactly what I'm doing and have been successful in talking to diffrent ones.

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

Exactly what I've done also. It works!!! There is also a letter floating around (I used to have it) that is usable when they come knocking on your door asking you to attend a judicial committee meeting. If this letter is delivered registered to them, it guarantees they won't announce ANYTHING, and ties their hands. Basically, it puts YOU in control, instead of them. I highly recommend it. There's nothing like making the elders squirm instead of it being the other way around!

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

I definitely agree with these points. However, as I mentioned in my previous post, some people really NEED the closure that a DA letter brings.

It is true, though, that as long as the lines of communication are kept open, the opportunity remains to help others.

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, it may be the best thing to do for some people. However, even for those, I would recommend waiting a bit before deciding to do it.
    It is very easy to 'want to do something' and sending a DA letter fills this need. However, it does give the WTB&Ts what it wants - an excuse to cut you off.
    I suggest holding off for a few months at least and then deciding what you want to do. It may be that you will feel differently and be glad if you haven't sent one.

• Andyman
    Andyman

Hey Roamingfeline;

I would like to hear more about that letter. Do you know where a person can get a copy of it?

Thanks in advance.

Andyman:

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

Andyman,

Try this site for some good DA letters.

http://www.jesus-witness.com/daletter.htm

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

Here's another.

http://www.freeminds.org/legal/jwletr.htm

Gotta GOOOOOOOOO

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

A word of caution: The announcement does not have to be made from the platform for the DF'ing or DA'ing to take place. Individuals within the congregation are informed and then they 'choose' not to speak to the one that has DA'd himself. The end result is the same.
    I understand the 'closure' bit but remember that when you do this you are following THEIR procedure. You are still going along with the whole routine and you are giving them exactly what they want: They will punish you by ignoring you for the rest of your life. They will feel smug that your destruction is assured. Realizing this may not be the closure you had in mind.
    However, remaining 'in good standing' gives you many advantages. It keeps all (elders and the rank and file) rather confused as to your condition. Remember that it is their tendency to categorize everything. You become and remain an anomaly. Sooner of later SOMEONE will ask questions of you. You then tread carefully and take advantage of the opportunity. You should know how to do this, you've done it hundreds of times with 'Christendom's flock' haven't you???

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

HI Andyman,

I've posted to another message board I'm on to try to get another copy of the letter. It is one that keeps them from telling anyone that you are DA'd or DF'd with legal repercussions if they do. It's a really good letter. I'll post it if I can get my hands on it again, and let everyone critique it. :-)

I do tend to agree with Frenchy though. I'm still considered "inactive" as far as I know. I have some friends still "in", who tell me the rumors flying around about me. Since I now live 11,000 miles away from where I attended meetings, I don't hear the rumors unless someone tells me. But it's a hoot when I do hear about it!

Cheers,
    RCAT

• Andyman
    Andyman

Thanks Roamingfeline, I am looking forward to reading that letter.

Yes, I to am considered inactive, but I still live in the same place, so I see first hand how the JW "love" works. We haven't been DF'd or DA'd ourselves, but we still get the old "shunning" treatment from most of the old congregation. Rumors come and go. Mostly from the same sister who started them all back when we were still active. Things never change!

Seems like when ever somebody gets upset and complains about this P.O.'s wife, my wife and I get blamed for "stirring things up". We don't even talk to anybody, except for business purposes, yet we still get blamed for things. Oh well at least they are still thinking about us.

Take care.

Andyman:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit