Fun Day For The Citizens Of Haddington

by Lost in the fog 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

Oh look! The Scottish jdubs are having tours of their refurbished hall. Won't that be a super fun day for the people of Haddington!?😂

"Hello, here's the foyer leading into the main hall, there's the ladies, gents, and baby changing facility. No, you can't go into the wee back room because that's (lowers voice to a whisper, and cautiously looks left and right) the domain of the elders. Thanks for coming. If you can just put a donation in the moneybox there and leave by the fire door."

Great way to kill 5 minutes.

Tour guides will be on hand to answer your questions ("no, sorry, Ah'm not answering those sorts of questions. Ah'm only here to tell you about the free slave labour that renovated this 1989 Victorian house. But Ah'm single if you're interested...")

https://www.eastlothiancourier.com/news/22883285.haddington-renovated-kingdom-hall-jehovahs-witnesses-holds-open-days/

• St George of England
    St George of England

The last time I was at Haddington KH would be in the late 1970's, gave part of a Public Talk. Not this KH however though I cannot remember much more about it. We had lunch with a family afterwards, there were several witness families in the row of terraced houses, they were known locally as "Armageddon Row".

I knew a family who moved there many years later.

Did Paul Gilles come from there?

George

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Very much a nice looking building. Has some character unlike the beige architecture, or worse the fast food style.

They can't even give away mags now

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit