Observations loosely based on this week's WT.

by Jofi_Wofo 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jofi_Wofo
    Jofi_Wofo

I struggled mightily to stay awake for today's Zoom meeting. At least we have it on Saturday morning, so I don't have to dread it for the rest of my lovely weekend.

I suppose you could summarize today's lesson as such- "The Annointed are Annointed because they say they are Annointed, and the Annointed are special because God says they are special, and we know that God says what we say God says because we say God says that what we say God says is what God says."

Lord Helmet: Everybody got that?!

So, of course, my mind wandered off and focused on doctrinal criticism. I made two observations that absolutely blew my mind. The second one is an entirely different topic, so I'll make a separate thread to address it.

While just about every single word of Matthew 24 makes it clear that Jesus was absolutely not talking about the time that we are currently living in, there is one thing I had never considered before. Jesus warns in Matt 24:24: "For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will perform great signs and wonders so as to mislead, if possible, even the chosen ones."

It's easy enough to note that absolutely no religious group in the history of mankind has been more prolific in disseminating false prophesies than WTBTS. False prophets, they are, but false Christs? Surely, none of them claim to be the Christ!

However, in a "flash of light" I realized that since the term Christ means "annointed one," that scripture could equally mean that there would be a proliferation of false "annointed ones."

Conclusion: We're probably not living in the last days, but if we are, JWs actually had the evidence all along, just not in the way that they think!!

• waton
    waton

j_W: good points. perhaps false "anointed ones" would be known by trying to monopolize that crowded space of contenders through eliminating of the best? a) such as the wtBtS inc's action of dismissing the majority of true martyrs that died for the faith? and b) secondly, not counting the bible writers or the earliest translators as being part of the crucial wt-approved "Faithful and Discreet Slave" ?

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

I disagree with one point, that "none of them claim to be the Christ"

While they don't outright clam that they are Jesus, they have clearly attributed many of the things said about Jesus to themselves. And it is clear that Jesus is of little importance in their religion.

One example, Jesus said No one comes to the Father except through Me.

JWs say the exact same thing about themselves.

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

I wonder how many thousands of jws watching on zoom are sipping wine as if anointed during their meeting. This knowledge if discovered would skew their numbers of the annointed greatly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit