Embellished assembly interviews/"experiences"

by ab.ortega 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Robo Bobo
  • ttdtt
    ttdtt
    Robo Bobo - is that a REAL letter from the branch??
  • Robo Bobo
    Robo Bobo

ttdtt - it is.

It came at a time where consolidations were being made and every branch wanted to outdo the other by getting their experience in the yearbook. This led to exaggerations and the regurgitating of old experiences. To their credit, hq tried to put a stop to it.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    Robo Bobo wonder if they were talking about the one experiance with the family being blessed with lots of chickens :)

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes!!

Great thread.

Wehad the same thing occur. Our experience about informal witnessing in a car park was used and embellished beyond recognition by a co!

The real events were very minor, but he used it as a basis for a fantastical story that was recited at multiple assemblies for years to come.

We sat there once and thought, that sounds vaguely familiar....and on asking him later, he said it was our experience!

Shocking!

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Did you hear the one where a Daughter rebelled and ran out at night - her dad drove around to find her - he got into a car accident - his daughter was in the other car and she died?

what BS.

• dbq407
    dbq407
    Exactly why its hard to believe any of the experiences they publish in any of their articles. And the experiences where the angels direct witnesses to people about to commit suicide, it seems every religion has that exact same experience. Its all feel good bs.
  • cookiemaster
    cookiemaster
    I've known a few assholes that really enjoyed lying in these interviews. I'm sure the CO or whomever was in charge was fully on board with this. Thing is, these people were arrogant and saw these interviews as the perfect opportunity to brag in public with their spirituality and so they came up with all sorts of bullshit pioneering stories that were a little too incredible. Oh, the richness of 'spiritual food' in Jah's organization.

However, on the other end of the spectrum, I have a more rebellious friend who's now faded. In our teenage years he had an interview at a convention. Pretended to be totally on board with it, but hated it. On the day of the convention, he came there with a beard. LOL, the CO and the elders were pissed as hell. They basically dragged him to the toilets and shaved him by force. Such a hurried shave that he had cuts all over his face. I couldn't stop laughing. Good times!
  • Tempest in a Teacup
    Tempest in a Teacup
    "Jehovery" : Brilliant!
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

That letter said that yearbook experiences had "to be verified for accuracy"?

Why then did an experience I know of personally get printed that contained inaccuracies and failed to mention that the person was disfellowshipped soon after the events?!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit