individual memorial portions

by Dubtown 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dubtown
    Dubtown

This year locally the memorial will be broadcast to the congregation using Zoom software. it will be a video broadcast, however no one locally will be partaking, so what arrangements are needed for bread and wine?

local elders plan to deliver small portions of the bread and wine to EACH household ready for the celebration.

WHY?????

if none are partaking and you can see on the video broadcast the visual aid of bread and wine, why are they going to such lengths to make sure each household receives an infected portion of bread and wine?

its because when they quote jesus saying 'keep doing this in remembrance of me.' They have made the ritual of PASSING the bread and wine the important thing instead of partaking. the only reason to pass the bread is so someone down the line can eat some. but JWs feel that unless they PASS the emblems they have not been obedient to the christ.

this is why some congregation go through the ridiculous procedure of having all the servers who passed the emblems 20 times go sit on the front row and pass it again among themselves.

i had to laugh when i heard an elder would be visiting a family member with bread and wine, which is not to be eaten or drunk... well until about an hour later as it doesnt count after the memorial is over!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And why would the hounders be distributing the emblems--and the coronavirus--to individual households for this wastefest? That defeats the purpose of calling off the event, and ensures that everyone will get and spread coronavirus at homes. At least when the UPS or FedEx delivery person comes, they are delivering something useful.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer
    if none are partaking and you can see on the video broadcast the visual aid of bread and wine, why are they going to such lengths to make sure each household receives an infected portion of bread and wine?

Because they don't bother to research what their own Governing Body teaches:

w93 1 Feb - Questions From Readers makes it pretty clear that in situations where a JW cannot attend the regular Memorial (e.g., sickness or travel) emblems should be provided to those who usually partake, but cannot attend a normal congregation celebration. For those of the "other sheep", the observance would only need to include reading appropriate scriptures and prayer for J's blessing on the celebration..."no need for additional arrangements."

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

when they quote jesus saying 'keep doing this in remembrance of me.' They have made the ritual of PASSING the bread and wine the important thing instead of partaking. the only reason to pass the bread is so someone down the line can eat some. but JWs feel that unless they PASS the emblems they have not been obedient to the christ.

So true Dubtown and I only quoted this section to drive home the point of how CULTS think and act.

• waton
    waton
    JWs feel that unless they PASS the emblems they have not been obedient to the christ.

Jesus, the only anointed at the last supper, was the only one that passed on the wine and bread. He did not say "to pass", but to " eat and drink, all of you." . Had they been reclining in a circle, rather than a neat single row, as shown in the pretty paintings, no passing, just sequential grabbing would have sufficed.

Looking forward to have an elder show up at the door with a bottle of Merlot for us. ready to grab.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

I received the first official contact from an elder in over two years yesterday - to invite me to join up to ZOOM for the memorial!

When I reminded him that the 'slave' said memorial emblems were not required, he said, "Jehovah knows what's in everyone's heart."

@ Dubtown - in view of UK government restrictions, the bread & wine delivery elders will breaking laws which I feel will be enacted some time later today. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit