Christine McVie has passed

by Las Malvinas son Argentinas 4 Replies latest social entertainment

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Christine McVie of one of my favourite bands of all time, Fleetwood Mac, has passed away. I don’t think she got as much credit as Stevie Nicks and Lindsay Buckingham as she should have, but she wrote her fair share of hit songs. Such a beautiful and smooth voice to go along with Stevie’s unique style. Christine, Stevie and Lindsay were a songwriting team without equal.

Songbird is one of her fan favourites but if you get a chance, check out her songs on the underrated “Tusk” album. “Think About Me” stands out.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I`m with you Bro, I thought she also had a beautiful voice and added to the singing group .

I loved some of her solos.

Overall, Rumours was one of my all time favourite songs.

Sad to hear of her passing

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

She was a beautiful part of the soundtrack in so many people's lives. Sad news.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

It's always a time of reflection when one of our fave arteeeeeests passes.

I was at a gig in Wolverhampton in April to watch the Wilko Johnson band. He died this month.

It was hard to reconcile seeing him (again) at Wolverhampton (of all sh1tholes), and hearing he'd popped his bloody clogs.

Las Mal-etc - Songbird was a great song BTW.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

She and her husband always struck me as the only sane members of Fleetwood Mac. Great band with a lot of memorable songs. Sad to hear of her passing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit