Does Anyone Still Believe in God?

by LaurenM 447 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty
    I was ignoring your sophomoric, misogynistic, prattling and commenting on the topic.
  • stuffwotifink
    stuffwotifink
    Yay, more insults.
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    To simply dismiss a claim as "irrelevant", would be (for the third time now) an argumentum ad lapidem. It would also be rude, and dishonest if a person knew what they were doing... Because, I dunno, someone had told them, more than once, in this very thread.
    Jus' sayin'.

Just not saying much, then. Ample proof, ShortStuff, has been given. What's rude is not bothering to understand the argument before you jump and start saying ridiculous, irrelevant and pointless things as if you've any clue what's going on.

However, you are you about one single thing. You dunno and and appear to be not at all interested in fixing that.

Since the whole of the rest of your post is born is error, I'm not bothering with it, Shorty.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Yay, more insults

Why do you consider reality to be an insult?

• stuffwotifink
    stuffwotifink
    Really? Ok.

I have been thoroughly put in my place by the careful and thoughtful responses from you two delightful and wise human beings. You clearly showed how I don't understand philosophy (oh, the wasted years, poor me), by demonstrating your own extensive understanding of... Oh, wait...

Damn, I better go and learn how to think like you do, before I die from all the stupid inside my head.

Why do you consider reality to be an insult?
    I dunno. Why do you consider your opinion to be reality?

• Viviane
    Viviane

Shorty, you have to understand how things works. Attempting a Gish Gallop will get you dismissed as irrelevant. Attempting to deny reality will get you dismissed as irrelevant. Not bothering to understand the discussion will get you dismissed as irrelevant. Pretending to be dumb will get you dismissed as irrelevant. Pretending to understand logical fallacies will get you dismissseed as irrelevant. Accusing people of things while being wrong will get you dismissed as irrelevant Attempting to be clever with more clever and smarter people than you will just get you smacked around and then dismissed as irrelevant.

If you expect and want to be taken seriously, then form a cogent argument, present it, be prepared to defend it and discusss it. Be prepared to learn and understand when you're wrong and, despite every juvenile instinct you have, realize there are a shtlload of people that know and have forgotten far more than you. It's not that hard, Shorty.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    .................................................................................
  • stuffwotifink
    stuffwotifink
    Attempting a Gish Gallop
    When, where. A lengthy explanation (or multiple comments to different people) is not a gish gallop. Fuqs sake?

Attempting to deny reality
    I did that when? Example?

Not bothering to understand the discussion
    Please demonstrate my misunderstanding and offer correction.

Pretending to understand logical fallacies
    Please point out where I accused someone of one and was wrong. Or simply put up a pretense of understanding?

Accusing people of things while being wrong
    Example of my accusation and explanation as to why I was wrong in making it?

will get you dismissed as irrelevant.
    Well now. I never complained that I was dismissed as irrelevant, did I? Read more carefully.

Attempting to be clever with more clever and smarter people than you
    lolz
    Grow up.

Please demonstrate that your claims about my behaviour are not empty.
    I'll wait...
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    Did I hear Irrelevant Shorty say something irrrelevant?
  • stuffwotifink
    stuffwotifink
    As expected.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit