Does Anyone Still Believe in God?

by LaurenM 447 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LAWHFol
    LAWHFol

All Great Scientists & Sages - Have the same belief. These Men / Women don't discover it, they uncover it.

The Truth that they find, is the same Truth that a child finds when he is learning to speak.

It is the same truth we feel when we do something morally wrong.

It is the same force we feel when we see a fellow man in mortal danger.

We have Truth inside of us, and that Truth is Good.

• LAWHFol
    LAWHFol
    Nicely stated prologos.
  • cappytan
    cappytan

Y'all aren't getting what I'm saying. No matter what a scientists religion or fascination with occultism or metaphysics, any "discovery" they made was based off of observational evidence.

I'm not saying that Philosophy (love of knowledge, by definition) wasn't a motivating force for them. However, anything discovered by them was due to what they observed, and not what God they served, just as their discoveries weren't dependent on the brand of coffee or tea they drank to give themselves energy to finish a bit of research.

• LAWHFol
    LAWHFol

cappytan - If not a Nihilist, then what? Perhaps a Skeptic, that is Skeptical of everything? Someone that does not believe in anything until it has been proven scientifically is a Nihilist, and a worrisome soul.

If this is not You, then what is?

• Viviane
    Viviane
    You don't know anything about us. You speak from ignorance. Have you tried, instead, not speaking from ignorance?
  • LAWHFol
    LAWHFol

cappytan - I'm not talking about God, my friend.. I'm talking about Good.

Who cares if a person believes in God, what matters is if the Person believes in Good, and does Good.

• Viviane
    Viviane

So, prologos confirmed and LAWHFol agreed, no scientiest ever used this metaphysical made up bullshit you're both peddling to ever make any discovery ever and, in fact, only made discoveries when they rejected this magical thinking and used criticical, quality thinking that reject mush-minded bullshit.

So, the only question is, why are you still trying to peddle this bullshit?

• cappytan
    cappytan
    cappytan - If not a Nihilist, then what? Perhaps a Skeptic, that is Skeptical of everything? Someone that does not believe in anything until it has been proven scientifically is a Nihilist, and a worrisome soul.
    If this is not You, then what is?

Wrong. A Nhilist is defined as I quoted above. Namely, "the rejection of all religious and moral principles, often in the belief that life is meaningless."

I have not rejected any moral principles. I have my own moral code. There are things I won't do because I don't want to do them. And I don't believe my life is meaningless.

My life's meaning and purpose is my own to determine. Currently, the meaning and purpose of my life is to provide for my wife and children, and be able to enjoy some time outdoors casting my fly rod hoping for a bite.

• LAWHFol
    LAWHFol

I'll ask you the same Viviane.. What are you then? I speak from Ignorance, because you refuse to speak of you, you are so determined to knock down view points that do not match yours, you have not stated what yours are?

• LAWHFol
    LAWHFol

cappytan - That is Good, and you are Good. The reason that you feel the responsibility of Taking care of your family, and the reason you enjoy spending time with Nature, is You are Good. Simple as that.. You have always been Good, and you will always be Good.

As soon as you Fully Accept this fact, you will See Much more Good.

P.S. Not to out wikepedia you! = ) But another aspect of Nihilism is - "a philosophical doctrine that suggests the lack of belief in one or more reputedly meaningful aspects of life."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit