Does Anyone Still Believe in God?

by LaurenM 447 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cappytan
    cappytan
    perhaps beyond their No. 8 creator's expectation, and we are not finished yet, still trillions of years to go?

What does that even mean?

• LAWHFol
    LAWHFol

Viviane - I used an analogy, which I feel shows clear and simple evidence that the Laws of the Universe result in Good at all times.

Perhaps what I wrote came our sounding like Drivel, I apologize for not being clear.. I'l try again. I'll attempt to use Deductive Reasoning.. Please let me know if any of my Axioms are wrong, or if I am not stating them properly.

• The Universe* has One Primary Function.
    • The Primary function of the Universe is to Evolve.
    • When a Life Form evolves it becomes better (More Good)
    • Because of the Universe all Life Evolves.
    • The Universe is Inherently Good.

* In using the Term universe, I do not mean "Outer Space", rather I mean all that is known to Exist.

• cappytan
    cappytan
    I mean all that is known to Exist.

You're stating that on a thread about God. Is God included in that? Do you believe that God is "known to exist?"

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Vivian how are you not exhausted from running on their hamster wheel?
  • SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Cappy:
    What does that even mean?

It's not meant to mean anything in the same way as the statement, "Thurdays are the square root of carrots".

• LAWHFol
    LAWHFol

cappytan - Before making a Judgement, perhaps you should research the lives of these men - Galileo, Descartes, Kepler, Newton, Lomonosov, Mendeleyev

If you can show me one of these men, that did not first delve into Philosophy, you can appropriately call my statement "Bollocks" as you so wisely surmised it as.

• cofty
    cofty
    Please let me know if any of my Axioms are wrong

All of them

• LAWHFol
    LAWHFol

SlaveClass - As always.. Thank you for your deep insights, and substantial contribution.

• LAWHFol
    LAWHFol

Cofty - Which one please?

Thanks

• cappytan
    cappytan
    cappytan - Before making a Judgement, perhaps you should research the lives of these men - Galileo, Descartes, Kepler, Newton, Lomonosov, Mendeleyev
    If you can show me one of these men, that did not first delve into Philosophy, you can appropriately call my statement "Bollocks" as you so wisely surmised it as.

I know each of those men dabbled in Philosophy. I like researching philosophy. But philosophy has absolutely nothing to do with physical science. Can you show me definitive proof of how Philosophy and Metaphysics led to their discoveries? Isn't it true that their philosophy and metaphysics had absolutely nothing to do with their discoveries whatsoever, but instead with observation of their actual physical surroundings?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit