Does Anyone Still Believe in God?

by LaurenM 447 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WireRider
    WireRider

ie god does not exist

And that's what people argued about the atom with no contrary proof. Then they proved it. It is a good example.

I never suggested anything about the nature of "something". I never suggested "supernatural". I think you have been feed a real load in the past about the nature of a "something". I never suggested that a supernatural being is going to help you change a tire or help advance science or help us discover natural science around us or help any life situations. That's completely overblown by organized religions to make you dependent on them. For all I know "something" probably stopped by, perhaps some genetic engineering, and moved on. (although if you believe the stories, it took several tries and had to keep wiping everything out and starting over) (personally I think we may have been engineered as slave labor - many people still have remnants of wanting to be a slave for no reason - and all those churches trying to keep the herd in line for a return - but that's a whole different discussion) I doubt they would stay to babysit the minutia in our lives. Were here - it's up to us to figure it out. "something" may be here or not or may come back someday.

If you would like - prove to me that "something" does not exist.

• cofty
    cofty
    personally I think we may have been engineered as slave labor...

Oh dear

• WireRider
    WireRider

Please show us that.

Google "sumerian tablet showing solar system"

• cofty
    cofty

I just did. It's bullshit.

• cappytan
    cappytan

If your "something" existed, then there would be observable evidence of it.

There is no observable evidence of your "something."

Therefore, your "something" does not exist.

Signed, Modus Tollens.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

can this slave labor come in say a sexual form?

I might sign up for that

but still there is not god, and the "if's" can't be beliefs, if panspermia, if engineered by another species, if we are a computer hologram, fun exercises in imagination for our brains but they are not fact, they are science FICTION until proven true. You can't take what you don't know, the void , and make it what you want it to be. Doesn't make it true.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    And that's what people argued about the atom with no contrary proof. Then they proved it. It is a good example.

You said they argued about it with no proof on either side and now you claim they "proved" it. Which is it? Also, do you understand what evidence is and how proof works? It doesn't appear that you do.

I never suggested anything about the nature of "something".

Well, yes you are, because you then say "That's completely overblown by organized religions to make you dependent on them." If you say that their claims are wrong, you are absolutely taking a position on the nature of the thing they (and you) are making claims about.

What something are you asking about?

• Viviane
    Viviane

I'm well aware of that claim. What I am lacking is any evidence of that being true, what with pictures of the sumerian tablet in question not showing that at all.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Believing or not believing in a supreme being does not prove or disprove its existence well duh! What matters is it doesn't contribute a thing to anything or anyone for that matter. It doesn't change anything when there is neither proof or the inability to disprove. So what is the point? Even if there was a creator, so what? Where do you go from there? What is your next option? Choose who's concept of a creator is correct? More supposition? Are you going to worship it? Why would you? If it's real it clearly wants nothing to do with this planet. So again, WHAT IS THE POINT? Science on the other hand is solid, it grows, it changes it's as real as your hand on a stove. It contributes, informs, helps and does everything I could possibly ask for in life and tomorrow it will do even more and when I'm long gone it may even have figured out immortality. For me that's all I need to know, the rest is simply "what if" gobbledygook. Science truly is my god.
  • redvip2000
    redvip2000

if God exists, then it is up to him to let people know.

This incredibly simple statement stuck in my mind. Nobody should need to play mental gymnastics to believe there is a God. After all, it's incredibly easy for God to convince all humans that of his existence. Then why doesn't he? The fact that he/she does nothing to convince us, means that he either doesn't care if we believe or not, or he simply doesn't exist. In either case, why should devote any time or effort to such a belief?

in my view, It is possible that a creator had a hand in whatever happened in the very beginning, but it's clear to me that if a God exists, he couldn't care less about us. What a sad existence it is for a son to obsess about the father that abandoned him. It would be better for us to focus on more useful things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit