the only thing that puzzles me

by pepperheart 6 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• pepperheart
    pepperheart
    The only thing that puzzles me is if work has stopped at london bethel why because i can under stand that that they are short of money but if they sell the old bethel off then they will get millions
  • neat blue dog
    neat blue dog
    You're right, the property is valuable and fairly easy to sell, similar to the move from Brooklyn to Warwick. They would MAKE money on the deal, besides covering construction costs. There must be some other non-monetary reason we're not aware of. Apparently some are so eager to see the WT implode within their generation they're looking for a sign, any sign.
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

This thought crossed my mind:

Buy a huge piece of polluted land near London, obtain the necessary planning permissions for constructing on it, clean up the land and it's all prepared for any builder/company to utilise.

The planning consents and the clean-up will have considerably increased the value of the land.

Now announce that the Selters Branch in Germany will be extended - to enable them to take on the work of the Britain Branch, which is being merged with the German Branch.

The way is now clear to sell off every piece of London real estate belonging to IBSA, and coupled with the impending K.H. "consolidation", the Org can expect in excess of £100m - tax-free. Nice thought!

Just my conspiracy theory!

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast
    The buzz is that the Bethel crew will be reduced from 800+ to less than 400. If this is true there will be many outlying accommodation buildings in expensive NW7 will be turned into £££. That is going to improve the cash flow before any thing else happens.
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99
    Reading between the line they need to redo plans to downscale. The re-submission of plans takes time so the work is merely being delayed until they can move forward again.
  • Witness 007
    Witness 007
    Doing what any smart corporation would do. Downsizing to increase profit. Why print magazines and books in Australia and New Zealand when Japan can do it cheaper. Smaller mags. Soft cover books replaced the good ones. Why work at Broklyn when you can sell it for millions and move 20 miles out of new york.
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

The delay in doing anything with Chelmsford will not actually cost them anything in the long run. The value of the Properties/Land in the Mill Hill area is going up at least 6% per year at present, not a bad investment at a time of virtually zero inflation.

I see this all as a way to get more donations from the gullible, sorry, faithful.

It is always about the money.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit