What exactly is an Apostafest?

by Whynot 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Whynot
    Whynot

I read a few threads on Apostafests but I don't really understand what they are or what happens.

Are they family friendly? Is it a party or support group meet-up?

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

Never been but I always envisioned it would be something like a beach party of apostates..

Maybe someone else can chime in?

• carla
    carla

It is just a bunch of people who happen to have been jw's or had their lives touched by the wt getting together for cookouts, share a meal, camp out....etc. to share a few laughs.

Just people getting together who share a similar experience and are labeled 'apostates' by the cult, therefore, they have 'apostafests'.

Wish Flippers camping trip wasn't so far away!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I'm sure they vary by group and venue. Some are held at bars/restaurants, some private homes. Flippers Tahoe Apostafest is at Camp Richardson campground at South Lake Tahoe. Very family friendly. A great gathering of former JWs who can relate and empathize with what we all experience in trying to "gracefully" leave the Borg. (If.) that is even possible

Cheap fares on Southwest if you buy early. You can earn a free ticket just by applying for their Frequent Flyer credit card.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Wild parties where the mentally diseased get together for drugs, orgies, and Satan worship.

Either that or, like the one we went to last year, exjws gather to eat food and connect with other people that went through the same crap in a horrible cult, to meet new people and share experiences. To catch up with old friends as the years go by. Maybe light off some fireworks, play games with some kids, and relax knowing that the people there get you on a level that others can't.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Forget Tahoe! I’m going to the party with Dubstepped

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

The great thing about a fest is that it negates the enforced loneliness that's inflicted on on leavers by WT policies. People make new friends and have a bloody good time as well.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    Are they family friendly? Is it a party or support group meet-up?

for some reason this post made me smile. Apostates are not an organization, and they don't have a given set of rules that they follow in their gatherings. If you ask me, and apostafest is a social get together organized by former JWs. That's as far as I dare going. I don't think that there are two apostafestes that are identical. At least thet two I've been to are completely different in terms of the event, the people, and the level of family friendliness.

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

Get together of last day people who hehave typically for the last days: pushing hate stories against others while being heartless to fellows, greed, fearmonger about bloodtransfusions, lie about and hide abuse in the congregation, women who have no voice in the church and suffer violence, confused soldiers anyway as background etc. ...called Jehovahs witnesses fears ..a last day fest.

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

I meant that Apostates should behave like such people in the picture but instead the organisation behaves much more like them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit