Pope praises the Wild Beast (UN)

by Quarterback 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Quarterback
    Quarterback
    The Pope stated at his UN address that, "If it wasn't for the UN's work on the World's conflicts, the world would be alot worse". I just wonder how that statement will be taken in JW land.
  • StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

People have already been making prophetic comments about this picture in pro-JW facebook pages. You bet they will be doing even worst with the UN

• millie210
    millie210

So which is worse? For the Pope to praise the wild beast OR for the Org to secretly join up with it?

Potato, potahto - tomato, tomahto......

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Is the UN considered part of the "Superior Authorities", if so, pay honor to those who demand such honor. Where do JWs get off being disrespectful to the powers that God set up to specifically help keep order?

That picture should be countered by the picture of the GB signing bibles for world leaders.

Also, the Pope thinks it's a good idea to take tax exemption away from religious organizations who don't practice real charity. I agree, and I hope I live to see the gobsmacked faces of Dubs if it happens.

DD

• iconoclastic
    iconoclastic
    DATA-DOG
    That is an interesting point you brought out. UN is definitely part of the "Superior Authorities" God has set up, hence cannot interpreted as the way JW does. That means Pope got it right, and JW is as usual, has to go to the other extreme.
    This Pope is different. He also said something no catholic would think appropriate: "In the history, some of the worst things have been committed by religion, and some of the best things have been committed by those who did not believe in God." Thus he dismissed the idea that God should be a factor in our lives for things to be better, and also the concept of exclusivism which the Church introduced, later accepted by JWs.
    I too agree with Pope that many people are good without God being a factor in their lives.
  • Sabin
    Sabin
    The Pope is right of cause the world would be a worse place. Their would be no free library cards for one thing.
  • Lieu
    Lieu

Did their peacekeepers stop running away when bullets start flying about? Hope so. If not for the UN genocidal crimes and such committed by world leaders would not get investigated.

Not certain what the big deal is among JWs and the picture. Certainly they've seen the pope visit other world leaders and stand next to them. Dali Lama does it too. I guess it only matters if he stands around with a US President? I'm surprised WTBTS didn't lose its mind over John Paul popping over to the US 7 times ... cause, well, the number 7.

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt
    Religion and Politics, should they mix?

I thought that was what a Jehovist theocracy meant: A one party state which you had to worship.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3249286/Holy-water-Congressman-steals-Pope-Francis-glass-White-House-address-sip-remaining-liquid-wife-saves-sprinkle-grandchildren.html

The governing body have some catching up to do to be revered like this! This guy is a Democrat! I guess all cults and politicians are the same. LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit