Just 'phoned London Bethel!
- This halt in construction will not sit well at all with the rank and file. Having to shell out a forever lump sum to the Borg each month then to have construction halted just over a year later. Makes no sense, that is what a lot will think.
I sent the following to the Chelmsford Weekly News who've been covering the story;
Construction work began in July 2015 after lengthy negotiations to secure the 82-acre site at Temple Farm, off Ship Road, West Hanningfield.
You may want to call the current UK Headquarters in London to ask why construction has been stopped on orders from the organisations Governing Body in New York.
I hope your community are not stuck with an abandoned building site the size of 85 football pitches for many years to come.
I think a lot of local people might have a lot of questions!
- Well that should've been 15 football pitches . . . let's call it hyperbole ;)
- I'm sure they will be interested in knowing, good idea.
- I have it on good authority that construction work in the UK will stop except for Chelmsford which will continue.
So, will the UK Bethel send the money they stripped off congs back to the congs if no building work goes ahead?
As many are still miffed about that...
- PlatinumFix: Sorry, but what construction work is stopped according to your source, is it new kingdom halls? (updated: fixed stupid question)
- Yeah new KHs