Just 'phoned London Bethel!

by The Searcher 37 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    This halt in construction will not sit well at all with the rank and file. Having to shell out a forever lump sum to the Borg each month then to have construction halted just over a year later. Makes no sense, that is what a lot will think.
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou

I sent the following to the Chelmsford Weekly News who've been covering the story;

Construction work began in July 2015 after lengthy negotiations to secure the 82-acre site at Temple Farm, off Ship Road, West Hanningfield.
    You may want to call the current UK Headquarters in London to ask why construction has been stopped on orders from the organisations Governing Body in New York.
    I hope your community are not stuck with an abandoned building site the size of 85 football pitches for many years to come.

I think a lot of local people might have a lot of questions!

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Well that should've been 15 football pitches . . . let's call it hyperbole ;)
  • Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    I'm sure they will be interested in knowing, good idea.
  • PlatinumFix
    PlatinumFix
    I have it on good authority that construction work in the UK will stop except for Chelmsford which will continue.
  • notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

So, will the UK Bethel send the money they stripped off congs back to the congs if no building work goes ahead?

As many are still miffed about that...

• bohm
    bohm
    PlatinumFix: Sorry, but what construction work is stopped according to your source, is it new kingdom halls? (updated: fixed stupid question)
  • PlatinumFix
    PlatinumFix
    Yeah new KHs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit