Contempt of court, case in San Diego county really disgusts me!

by Crazyguy 49 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

WHY would the society dig in their heels for something that relates to CHILD PROTECTION?

Seriously, that is messed up GB

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

stuckinarut2 - "WHY would the society dig in their heels for something that relates to CHILD PROTECTION?"

Only one reason I can think of.

Compliance would result in far worse (from their POV) long-term consequences.

• alanv
    alanv

The extra good news is that every day that goes by increases the debt. The bigger it is the more JWs will hopefully wake up.

• flipper
    flipper

COGNAC- Thanks for providing the documents from the San Diego, California courts. Now that this has gone on to the FEDERAL court of Appeals - I truly believe the feds are going to hand over WT Society's ass to them in a hand basket . You don't mess with the federal government. This is going to be interesting. Better hide in your bunkers GB- you just might be heading to prison for being criminals yourself. Not for being " persecuted " for doing the " right " thing- but imprisoned for doing the illegal thing

• sir82
    sir82

So, the WT's argument is that it there are so, so many documents they can't possibly search them all, it would take "years" to sort them out, etc.

Begging your pardon, Mr. WT lawyer, but then what exactly is the point of having all those documents?

If the database is such a jumbled mess that even a crack team of hired programmers couldn't devise a routine to search it, then how on earth are you ever going to find anything that you, the owner of the database, might want to search for?

I.e., if the database is useless because it is practically unsearchable, why create it and/or maintain it in the first place?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    How is it possibly helping to protect children, our most vulnerable members of society, by digging in their heels over a point like this??
    The society should bend over backwards to be seen to be co-operative!
    Surely by doing so, "a fine witness would be given

ike

How is this in ANYWAY respecting/ cooperating with " the superior authorities"...... Imagine if a regular publisher behaved like this in a normal court case, say, over taxes etc. It's one rule for the Watchtower Society and one for everyone else. Sick.
  • Virgochik
    Virgochik

Well, if they have so, so many documents, then they must have so, so big a pedophile problem!

• Mozzie
    Mozzie

I thought Jackson's comment in the Royal Commission was flawed when he said that if it was made a law that they had to hand them over, it would be more easier, LIKE WHAT, they should hand them over anyway

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I still find myself scratching my head over...

a) ...why the f**k they created the database in the first place, and...

b) ...why the f**k haven't they destroyed the files by now, considering how incriminating the data must be?

• Naoscillator
    Naoscillator

They created the database so that when a body of elders wasn't sure about appointing a "former child molester" the service department could check and see if he met the magical 20-years-and-no-public-outcry-requirement. Because as we know, the "branch office, not the body of elders determines whether someone is a 'known' child molester."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit