Contempt of court, case in San Diego county really disgusts me!

by Crazyguy 49 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

To Vidiot

I do hope so ... for the victims sake. They need to be able to move on.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

My understanding is they produced heavily redacted documents that the court rejected. Then the court hit the cult with a 13.5 million judgment. The cult appealed to a federal court and that court said the lower court was to heavy handed and should of done more before the judgment, so it got kicked back to the lower court. Now the lower court is taking a different strategy by fining the cult 4000 dollars per day to produce the documents with out redaction.

The good news we hope is now the cult in its arrogance screwed themselves. The fines will continue and hopefully go up until the produce the documents. I'm not sure there's any other way out of this situation by the cult other then producing the documents.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Crazyguy - "I'm not sure there's any other way out of this situation other then producing the documents."

Just as long as they've packed for an extensive vacation, first. :smirk:

• dontfitin
    dontfitin

I shared this with my husband who is still in, and even he said, "I guess that's why they keep asking for money." I was surprised he would say that, but didn't pounce on him, just let it brew.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Wow, they can redact everything and still not have privacy rights respected (according to WTB&TS) and yet they can DA or DF a person (WITH A NAME) in a PUBLIC MEETING HALL (at least one) and then give a "special needs talk" about whatever that person was accused of and STILL try to pretend that there is any privacy, confidentiality or privilege in their communications with JWs?

Yeah, right. They could (and I hear do, mostly these days) leave off the special needs talk and the DA and DF actions still marginalizes individuals (AGAIN< NAMED INDIVIDUALS) and subjects them to abuse and neglect by those who should care the most for them. Family and friends. But hey, they are SUPER worried that unnamed individuals will have their privacy rights removed if these documents are presented.

Seriously, they are a joke.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

They will just try to settle for more than the original judgement. 13.5 milion is clearly not going to hurt them one bit. Neither will 20 million if it makes this nightmare go away. The original plaintiff would have to be a better person than I am to turn that down.

• Onager
    Onager

But they can't settle out of court now can they? The unredacted document has to be produced for the punitive action to stop, is that correct?

Or could the society pay millions of dollars to settle this quietly now? Surely the court can't allow a list of child abusers to remain undisclosed now that it's aware of it's existence?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

And sadly, 99.9% of witnesses know nothing about this disgusting act of contempt!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

JWdaughter - "They will just try to settle for more than the original judgement. 13.5 milion is clearly not going to hurt them one bit. Neither will 20 million if it makes this nightmare go away..."

Wouldn't it be something if the penalties keep piling up (and get increased) to the point where the Org ends up having to pay even more than the original 13 mil? :smirk:

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Goodness me this is exciting. There is NO GOOD REASON to drag your heels about protecting the vulnerable. Plenty of bad reasons, but no good reason that I can think of..

Did anybody else think the number in this quote was kind of apt?

DISPOSITION
    We order the court to vacate: (1) the portion of the January 2 order requiring Watchtower to produce Lösch for his deposition; (2) the order granting *607 terminating and monetary sanctions;

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit