Signature Quote - what do you think?

by Muddy Waters 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

I apologize for the self-serving nature of this post.

I first said this to a lovely person here to encourage her and add a bit of humour to a harsh situation, but I've fallen in love with my own words, ha, and would like to use a variation of what I said to her as my new signature quote.

It's a bit long, and could become tiresome eventually, but do you forum members think that you might like (or could tolerate, heh) seeing this on my posts?

here it is:

"May God, or the universe, or airborne spaghetti, or energies or wavelengths or frequencies, or quantum particles that somehow attract things to us, or telepathic manipulation by aliens -- bless you. And may you have peace and a good day. And if you are not having a good day, may you find at least a moment of something good in your day."
    - Muddy
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

MW, I love the sentiment, but it is a bit long.

But personally, I'm not really much of a fan of signature quotes! So feel free to take my opinion with a grain of salt

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    But personally, I'm not really much of a fan of signature quotes!

This is hilarious. Thank you.

• Cangie
    Cangie
    I like it very much. In fact I like it so much, that I "liked" it in several places....
  • FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack
    It is a bit long, but after all, there are so many possibilities. A good day is a good day in my book. I'll take it.
  • steve2
    steve2

The last sentence expresses a very helpful sentiment, while the introductory long-winded one is a bit much - but it's nicely irreverent because statements about blessings are usually unbearably stuffy. The second sentence is hardly uniquely yours, right?

You could make the last sentence your signature quote, in my opinion.

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Haha, thank you everybody for your responses. Perhaps I'll use it like salt & sprinkle it around every now and again.

"Let every utterance be sasoned with salt..." Gawd, there's no getting away from the Borg, is there? it's like a little piece of hardware is still left inside your system somewhere..... ready to sprout up and pop through your skin....

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Cangie, too funny! Thank you.

And big haha! back atchoo, Oubliette, the master of "Let's review - it's a cult!!!" - your quote is much shorter and catchy. And I always love it, lol.

Steve, you are quite correct - the last part of my quote isn't quite original, there are many variations of that positive thought. And I love all of them. :)

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

I agree with Steve2. The first part is too rambling for using it often.

Maybe 'May you have a good day. And if your day is not good, may you find at least a moment of something good.'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit