When JW's would rule...

by greven 8 Replies latest jw friends

• greven
    greven

This tidbit of news caught my eye:

Maroccan heavy metal fans convicted

Fourteen heavy metal fans were sentenced to one month and up to one year in prison for 'morally degenerate' behaviour and violation of religion in Casablanca, Marocco. They were arrested in a hardrock / heavy metal bar.

Now I was thinking: If JW's would hold political power would something like this happen aswell?

My Guess is yes, and maybe in an even more extreme manner like the information control in N-korea and China (internet ban etc). This is what happens when you mix politics with religion. When this religion is of a fundy persuasion, hide yourself!

What are your thoughts on this?

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

hey greven,

Do you no longer pray for the day when the Lord Jesus and Judge Rutherford ride down and slaughter all the bad people? Does your heart not beat faster at the thought of life everlasting at five meetings a week on paradise earth? Don't you see how wonderful life will be at the eternal picnic when sex and barbques will be no more? Just a bunch o' happy people living in harmonious clonery with lions and salad and fresh tomatoes, speakers in the trees and not a lamb chop in sight.

unclebruce

just think of the eternal tofu!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Just a bunch o' happy people living in harmonious clonery

Just think of a world populated by the Brady bunch!

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

nah ozzie, no kids allowed in the New World Order, remmember .. It'd be more like Giggleag'ns Island .. nnnah, come to think of it, that's more like my life right now ... what about a cross between Groundhog Day and Mr.Ed?

• greven
    greven

what about a cross between Groundhog Day and Mr.Ed?

LOL

Greven

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

A nation run by witnesses (based on their track record with governing large groups of people)

Everyone would eat plastic wrapped danishes in the morning. Everyone would go door to door, except that everyone is already a witness. Never fear, it was ineffective anyway.

Shasta would replace CocaCola as the number one selling beverage.

Lunch would be served at three inconvenient locations in the nation twice a day. Bland sandwiches with lines miles long. Citizens are discouraged from eating at privately owned restaurants.

Women would be better off in most Muslim countries.

Awake! Stands on the corner.

Star Trek Enterprise gets a new 10 year contract. (what is it with Trekkie dubs)

WBBR competes with Radio Havana for broadcasting space.

Police drive Buick LeSabres.

Food Coupons national currency.

Late Night with Dan Sydlik

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Hey Gita...You crack me up..LOL

You and SYN should get together and publish a bi-weekly periodical...something with a catchy title.....say WAKEUP ! or SPLOTCHTOWER !

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

w akeup !

I like it. Thanks.

• OICU8it2
    OICU8it2

can we still get naked?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit