Article: Fresno, California JW elder sexually assaulted a 17-year-old girl

by AndersonsInfo 8 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo
    Subject: Fresno, CA JW elder sexually assaulted a 17-year-old girl Sept. 20, 2019
    A 45-year-old Fresno man, who worked as a police dispatcher in Madera, pleaded no contest on Friday to charges he sexually assaulted a 17-year-old girl from his church. Martin Phillip Ramos was ...
  • sparky1
    sparky1

Oh my! Not to be flippant or disrespect the victim but here we go again. The Holy Spirit somehow manages to elevate another pervert to the office of Overseer. When will the average Jehovah's Witness congregant see through this charade and withdraw their support from this farcical religion?

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

If ever there was proof that there is no such thing as holy spirit, this constant flow of uncovered abuse has got to be it.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

It seems to be a never ending story of a JW being found guilty of molesting an under age child somewhere in the world .

And this is the religion that the God of the Bible blesses and pours his Holy Spirit out on ?

How many more of these cases need to come to light before the rank & file members start to wake up ?

How many more children are to be abused while the majority of Jehovah`s Witnesses continue to remain silent about the abuse and don`t demand change from the Governing Body about their procedures and practices .?

• rickroll
    rickroll
    I used to talk to my old business partner who was an elder. He would not budge on the idea that Jehovah put it in the minds of the other elders to pick a person for an elder position. LOL. When you feel you have been chosen its impossible to tell someone that its all BS. He loved to think he was chosen by Jehovah. LOL. I made fun of him for years every day. But someone who threw his own family I.E. Brother under the bus for a cult deserves it.
  • Spiral
    Spiral

Interesting, this:

"Fresno police began investigating Ramos after receiving an anonymous tip."

Maybe, just maybe, someone in the congregation got smart and bypassed the elders (and the "holy spirit") and went straight to the police. I hope that starts a trend.

• Hecce
    Hecce

Offenses like fornication, adultery and other carnal acts create a buzz and gossip in the congregations; child abuse is taboo, mentioned briefly and buried. This his happens even when it is a local case, it seems like the elders act like suppressors of information like this.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The Org leadership will bend over backwards to keep quiet anything that might lead rank-and-filers to suspect it isn't "God's Earthly Organization".

And nothing calls that into question like a CSA problem that can't be fixed - and is, in fact, arguably being worsened - by their so-called "Biblical" methods.

• careful
    careful

Thanks for the ref. and comments. Hecce and Vidiot: spot on!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit