floods in eastern Australia.

by zeb 5 Replies latest social current

• zeb
    zeb

After cyclone Debbie pounded her way across the Queensland coast she then dropped massive amounts of rain onto the land. One area just west of Mackay was hit with a METRE OF RAIN IN 48 HOURS.

Lots of damage towns going under lives lost.

Go the ABC.net.au/news.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Stayed home yesterday, were advised not to go on roads.

while much of Brisbane was having heavy rain, flooding, here in Clontarf it rained but I didn't see any really heavy downpours and no high winds, I kept thinking why am I staying home?

• ozbrad
    ozbrad

The river has broken the levee here in Lismore and flooded all of downtown. 6,000 people evacuated. We had nearly 10 inches of rain in a day it just wouldn't stop.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Wishing our Aussie friends well.

We had terrible flooding in California this February, so we can empathize and worry along with you. Nearly 200,000 were displaced when a spillway was expected (but did not) collapse.

I was in Queensland almost 20 years ago and loved the summer rain and jacaranda and gum trees and fish and chips (daily) . . .

Love and blessings.

• waton
    waton
    Mackay was hit with a METRE OF RAIN IN 48 HOURS.

that is ~ 2cm, 3/4 inch per hour, locally. now picture ~ 460 times that every hour for a month and a half everywhere. that would be the Noachian flood scene. bless you, Australia. how was the surf?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Much love to all those affected!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit