Aylmer, QC, Assembly hall for sale?

by StephaneLaliberte 4 Replies latest jw friends

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

I heard rumors that the JWs are seeking to sell that assembly hall, is this possible? Anyone has wind of it?

I heard this once from someone a few month back and now, again, from Mike and Kim.

Any viable source of information out there?

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I don't have any information, but I don't see why that could not be a possibility.

• Richard_I
    Richard_I

It would be insane to close that assembly hall, that's the only one in the region. The next closest assembly hall is the one in Montreal I think, which is 2+ hours away. And there were 3 assemblies there in September and more late this month/November, so it gets a lot of use. It would make no sense to sell it.

It was designed by Douglas Cardinal so it could probably be sold for a couple million.

There were rumours of it being renovated shortly before the RBC was renamed to the LDC, since then I have heard nothing.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Richard_1: I agree with you, it wouldn't make sense. I believe it is actually used alot. This is why I was surprised to here from a trust worthy sum that they "might have considered it". Yet, with mike and kim going online and naming Alymer, Qc in there video, I wonder if there is still actual follow up on that.

If they decide to really downsize, they could sell it and have people reassigned to nearby halls and even redirect to Montreal, But I believe that a few people would become awaken in the process considering that the place isn't taxed, is used a lot and fully paid for by now.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

It was designed by Douglas Cardinal

Any pictures of it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit