JC recording

by Xanthippe 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Could anyone provide a link to the JC recording that was on here a few days ago please. I intended to listen to it but didn't have time. It was about a couple that really tried to reason with the elders but were treated very badly. Everyone on here said what lovely people they were.

• snowbird
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Thank you Sylvia x

• snowbird
  • bog joey
    bog joey

Great stuff Sylvia xx

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

What struck me, apart from the sheer stupidity of these elders, is the continuous use of the phrase, do you think it's safe to look at other sources of information. What are they so frightened of? Is knowledge unsafe? Well I suppose it is if you're running a cult and you're terrified of people finding out.

I found it frustrating when she wanted to talk about Jackson's statement at the ARC that we should never presume to have the only source of truth but the stupid elders kept interrupting her. They obviously have heard about the ARC and have been instructed not to let people talk about it even though their own GB member spoke in it!

I'm glad they're free of this religion with their children. It's just a shame as a fourth generation JW she's going to lose so many family members.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit