Overlapping generation pushed me to the brink

by Anator 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Their literature of old uncovers everything!! I got addicted to finding out everything of old.

It was drummed into our heads as JW's to look at (and agonize over) the origins of things.

the rejection of so many of the seemingly harmless modern day customs and beliefs, was based solely on where they originated. We were told that it didn't matter that these things morphed over time and became something completely different in our day. (ie: Throwing rice, Kids Birthday parties, Mother's day etc.)

All of that strict logic goes out the window once you point out to a JW the origins of their own flawed doctrines. They excuse these by looking at what they eventually became , rather than seeing that their entire existence was based on false premises that were established by their leaders from the past.

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

Damn good point Pete.

I will use that one.

• Anator
    Anator

The bible is a record of old and we are always referring to it, BUT the literature of old is never really referenced....or..NEVER paraphrased anywhere! I never really paid attention to that before. Now I can see why.

btw... thanks for the clarification regarding the annointed and the FDS. However it is the FDS that distributes the food at the proper time and the annointed are basically in the same kind of class (domestics) as the other sheep. Therefore, I still see a discrepancy. Therefore, does the annointed have any special insight to discern versus the FDS? I thought they didn't. Very confusing.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Pete, yes I think it was you that made that point in an OP some months ago. It was one of my favorite posts. Complete hypocrisy that they demand everyone consider the origins of every holiday custom and tradition, while witnesses aren't even allowed to look honestly into their own origins and doctrines without being considered heretical apostates.
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Yeah, the latest FDS=GB change essentially demoted the 144k. Now they're just regular people that occasionally eat some really dry crackers and expect to go to heaven when they die.
  • xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

It is confusing - mainly because it doesn't make sense - and also it is complete crap.

They don't say the anointed have any special insight - just that the anointed have a special privilege later to rule in heaven with Jesus. Assumed to be chosen because of some special spiritual trait or some such.

• Anator
    Anator

xjwsrock - thank you, that was a point I wanted to make. The video explained by Splaine with the fig tree signifies special insight, which the annointed don't have...therefore, the new light, does not make sense, neither does two generations calling them as one.

Plus from the 1995 Watertower it said "However, we "bring a heart of wisdom in," not by speculating about how many years or days make up a generation, but by thinking about how we "count our days" in bringing joyful praise to Jehovah. "

BUT, overlapping generations does just that, once again speculating of how many years make up a generation!! Where is that "heart of wisdom". Reviewing and tracking the statements of old is driving me crazy.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

Why the need to divert? Why not call a spade a spade? To say this is the truth, why not just state the truth? Why dance around this? It will never be the same for me.

If you want an answer from the Bible, Jesus said that there would be a group of people preaching the end is near.

The Watchtower is the only religion known for doing this. Jesus pointed the finger at them. And in a manner of speaking, they are fulfilling Bible prophecy.

Luke 21:8New King James Version (NKJV)

And He said: “Take heed that you not be deceived. For many will come in My name, saying……., ‘

The time has drawn near.’ Therefore do not go after them.

(Luke 21:8) NWT . He said: “Look out that YOU are not misled; for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am he,’ and,

The due time has approached.’ Do not go after them . . .

• Aleph
    Aleph

1914's anointed were all anointed by lack of understanding since there were no other choice like the great crowd possible at that time.

F W Frantz was literally yelling in his talk that 1975 will be the end, what a mistake !

Now whatever what men say, anointed or not, in my humble opinion...

• No one knows the day or the hour.
    • The generation in Bible is always linked to people born in a certain period time when they share the living of same things together...
    • Whether the GB was right or wrong, it doesn't change a thing, if you believe it will come stick to what you believe...
    • Even if it s "delayed" keep waiting for it as said Habakkuk, it won't be "late"...
    • Ultimately serve God, not humans...so you won t be deceived.
  • Anator
    Anator
    Hi John, thanks for the references. There are many 'End Time' religions, but to your point, I will do my research to see if any other than the Watchtower is preaching this. Because the Watchtower is saying "The time is near". That's been happening for over 100 years. WOW!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit