The Society cares more about Mark Sanderson's stick of Judah than the elephant in the room

by truthseeker 12 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I just watched the segment of Mark Anderson's, GB member, talking at the Annual General Meeting.

They care more about obscure prophecies than the child abuse crisis in the organization.

He talks about the two and ten tribe Kingdoms of Israel, the stick of Joseph and stick of Judah, and likens it to the anointed and great crowd.

What a bunch of craziness!

This is the kind of crap spiritual food the drones get.

• Awake at last
    Awake at last
    And then they will have new light so what he said will be obsolete, it is anyway. Yes they fail to address the real issues, things that are actually happening.
  • Listener
    Listener
    The annual general meeting went on for hours and they spent a few minutes only discussing the huge changes that they are making. No solid reasons were given and it is now down to speculation.
  • truthseeker
    truthseeker

I never even heard of the two sticks prophecy in Ezekiel. Probably fell asleep when it was being discussed.

"What is the modern day fulfillment? How are these words fulfilled in our time?" says Sanderson.

I thought we were done with types and anti-types?

"The prophecy began to be fulfilled in 1914 especially since 1919 and now this prophecy regarding the two sticks would begin to be fulfilled."

Totally bonkers.

"We can now say with confidence that the stick of Joseph in our modern day represents the other sheep with an earthly hope. Jehovah has taken these two groups, his anointed servants and his precious other sheep and he has brought them together within his almighty hand. they are no longer two sticks but one stick. One nation in the hand of Jehovah."

"Behold, one nation, one stick, in the hand of Jehovah"

Raptuous applause from the dubs

• sparky1
    sparky1

"BEHOLD!!!!!...................one stick, two sticks and a pile of sticks! See how Jehovah has blessed us!"- Mark "Porky Pig" Sanderson Watchtower Pope

• Listener
    Listener

I just watched Sanderson's segment in the video. Their ideas just go from bad to worse. The first stick are the anointed and the second stick are the other sheep, both were tribes of Israel.

"Behold one hand, one stick, in the nation of Jehovah."

What is this nation? It can't be anything other than spiritual Israel. God has only one nation. They brought up the idea in the fds doctrine that the other sheep were now included as domestics in the household.

Why don't they come straight out and just say that the other sheep are now being considered as being part of spiritual Israel? No doubt it is because so many other doctrines need to be changed. I guess there's plenty of time to introduce the changes anyway and it doesn't matter if they stumble more JWs along the way, they're showing disobedience anyway.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

truthseeker: "I thought we were done with types and anti-types?"

Seems that he has still has his head up Frederick Franz's a$$.

• prologos
    prologos
    Why don't they come straight out and just say that the other sheep are now being considered as being part of spiritual Israel?

right. Israel had anointed of course, the kings Judah and priests Levi , but they were all in the Law covenant, . Spiritual Israel would be all in the New Covenant. If Jesus was a cabinetmaker, he would have joined those sticks a long time ago.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Listener:

"Why don't they come straight out and just say that the other sheep are now being considered as being part of spiritual Israel?"

Maybe because Revelation 7 distinguishes between the 144,000 of "spiritual Israel" and the great crowd from every nation.

• prologos
    prologos

Village Idiot
    23 minutes ago

Listener:

"Why don't they come straight out and just say that the other sheep are now being considered as being part of spiritual Israel?"

Maybe because Revelation 7 distinguishes between the 144,000 of "spiritual Israel" and the great crowd from every nation.

V.I. consider this: In that passage, Spiritual Israel is the 12 tribes (the earthly class) out of which the 144k come before the Big A starts.-- the great crowd whoever they are, but likely Spiritual Israel minus the 144k, exists only after the Great tribulation. so, the correction would not be difficult. but who, even the jws really care? about features in a story book?

edit. Yes it distinguishes, but before the sealing they are one. like the apostles who had an earthly hope, but became anointed. most partakers today started out as observers. out of the Observing Others heep come the anointed sheep.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit