Generation Alpha

by Gorb 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorb
    Gorb

Being generation X myself, with 2 teenagers in generation Alpha, I see a lot difference between generations.

Generation Alpha has totaly different views. My first reaction at home about the current conflict between Gaza and Israel made this clear.

What an automatic reaction is for a generation X is a disaster for generation A.

Result was my first shock about myself, generation X. Do I see the global and local issues still clear?!? Why became my teenagers so wise persons with a more balanced world view? (A non JW upbringing... proud of it leading to be wise guys).

So reading a lot now about the different generations.

How does this effect you?

Sorry for my Dutch-English.

Gorby

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

How do your kids feel about the conflict?

• Gorb
    Gorb

The Kids are not initial choosing the side of Israël, like me (50+ white male western world generation of 1970).

The Kids are thinking first before speaking out and don't like the hard way agains Gaza women end children.

Gorby

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

Younger persons, I guess, not yet old enough to have seen the full picture. (And let’s face it, HAMAS has well and truly one the propaganda war).

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

In general, the world is less black and white. At least for the youth. Without looking to get into any political or social scrap, I for one feel this is a step toward a more inclusive and equitable future. There are many steps and course corrections in any journey, but what I'm sure of is that no progress can be made without youthful openness to change.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Im also a gen x'er. Growing up, we still had the news filtered for us by big media and only had the big tv stations and newspapers to go by. Today, we have multi-faceted opinions, in real-time, often by the actual people taking images on their phones. Like religion, It is harder for mainstream media to contrive a narrative that the majority will believe. There are less places to hide and information is readily available. In short, more and more people do not simply believe what they are presented by big media like we did in the past.

In relation to the Gaza conflict, any negative comments against Israel have often been viewed as anti-semitic, however, criticism of Israeli political policy is not the same as anti-semitism. There have been atrocities committed by both parties. This conflict started long before October 2023 and regardless of who you believe has the moral high ground, it makes the world a more dangerous place for all of us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit