a portion of my story

by thegentleman 3 Replies latest jw friends

• thegentleman
    thegentleman

Hey everyone, as if you have not heard a story like this before:

I'm currently studying for exams being a Railroad Conductor(one of the exams is April 17th). While that is stressful enough , I've realized that sometimes something as simple as encouragement or support from someone you care about deeply goes a long way. Its the little things that matter the most to me. A JW "friend" of mine that I had met August 2001 was going through a lot at the time that we met. Her mother had been diagnosed with cancer for the fourth time, and she was having trouble with men in general. Day in and day out, I was always there to listen , to support , and to encourage. Her mother is not a JW(really a sweet person), although her aunt and cousin who live with her are. I was the only man she brought home and she'll be 26. Before I knew it I was called "Satan" , not just the "Devil" but even better , a "White ". Of course the Elders gave her the old ultimatum , you either pick him or "jehovah". I for one had enough of being called everything in the book, labeled without the elders even saying a word to my face. I had mentioned to her that she is living in fear of the elders, her aunt etc. Its unreal, i couldnt even mail anything to her house because she told me her mail isnt "secure", that her aunt had opened her mail in the past, snooping around. And this is who she trusts?? Frustration isnt the beginning of it. Now when all I would like to hear from her is a little bit of support (even a good luck ) as I prepare for my exams, I hear nothing. I'm starting to see that I feel like I am only here for the convienence and when I've served "my purpose" and give all I can give, that's it. Is that friendship ?? not in my book.. There's more to tell, I've kept a lot to myself as I have my entire life , thats the type of person I am. She is actually the first person I have been truly close to ever, maybe that's why its having such an impact on me, and she acts like thats how it is everyday business in the organization. I've just had enough of the fear and lack of love(there is none) in "God's so-called organization"

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Welcome gentleman. I'll wish you good luck on your exam.

Don't be too hard on her, as you no doubt have seen from the posts here, the mindset of the jw borg is a very strong one, not easy to get away from, especially when you have family in there. When your given the ultimatum choose Jehovah or someone out of the borg, it is a very scary feeling. I was in that position many times.

Do you love her?

• nita6368
    nita6368

Good Luck on your exams!! My dad was a RR Engineer for 38 years with the ICG RR.

The JW's are different to say the least. I was married to a JW and believe me it's not any better when you marry into it. My inlaws hated me and considered me not good enough all 10 years we were married. Hopefully your friend will see them for what they really are!

• Death by Questions
    Death by Questions

All I have to say is good luck. I was in the opposite situation as you, except I was the JW. I really did love the girl I was involved with who wasn't. I can still say that now, 2 years later. I still didn't pick her over the org,though. Its a strong mindset thats backed up by years of brain washing. She'll only see it if she wants to.I feel for you and I hope it works out for you somehow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit